Any way to stop the message to enable push notifications from popping up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always surf forums in Incognito mode, maybe this is why it keeps popping up, but it's very annoying. I'm also a bit of an anomaly as I don't use mobile devices, including cell phones, so PNs would do me no good anyway.

In Preferences under Push Notifications I don't have the box checked or PNs enabled btw, yet I still get pestered to turn them on!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Note: It seems to ask daily too, so if you here one day and say No, it asks you the next time you visit.

I am sure it asked me yesterday but I already had to say No again today.

2 step autherntication is bad enough without forum asking same question every visit. Who wants that?

Note: It seems to ask daily too, so if you here one day and say No, it asks you the next time you visit.

I am sure it asked me yesterday but I already had to say No again today.

2 step autherntication is bad enough without forum asking same question every visit. Who wants that?

So, I'm not sure if you're saying it's that way by design and nothing can be done about it, or that something isn't as it should be?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am saying it shouldn't be like that at all. It should remember what you said once and not ask again.

I don't think they intended to turn on that feature. So it should stop.

CParsons

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
@CParsons is this one of the features that was turned on in accident?
It's enabled by default, we just never disabled it. So not exactly an accident. It's just like most other features and settings however. If you say Never Ask Me again, it's not going to ask again but if you do something like clear your browser cookies and cache on exit, use Incognito Mode, and have certain script blockers it's going to ask again. Using those things means you're removing the cookie that would have been set when it asked the first time around, so it has no idea it ever even asked you the first time around.

Reactions: Colif
Status
Not open for further replies.