Discussion Anybody building 13th gen or 7000 systems?

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Anybody building 13th gen or 7000 systems?

Just wondering who is building, and what CPU's/MB you decided to go with and why?

Cost of AM5 RAM and Motherboards is slowing down the adoption rate and with the rumor of the non X and more 3xd (or whatever their calling the more cache chips). AM5 been out for months and seems off to a a slow start.

My 7900x is good so far, I would not have done it without the free 32GB ddr5 kit.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
I agree ram and motherboards seem high. B650E's should be cheaper. The microcenter "free" ddr5 32gb KIT made me finally jump and that and I could feel some small slowness (might just been windows), I love faster, my pocketbook does not.

7900x
TUF Gaming B650E-F
64GB CL 36 DDR5 6000

878 before taxes.

7600x here with RAM/MB would be 550ish. (counting the free ram from Microcenter).

32GB ram needs to be closer to 100-120 for a good kit, and mid range motherboards would be better at 150-250.

I love building PCs, but these new DDR5 systems are just too overpriced for me. I'd be happy to see other users' CPU/Mobo choice though. I believe the Ryzen 7 7600X or i5-13600K are some top choices for value/performance.
Intel is due to release their locked cpu's and B760 / H770 boards on January 3rd so that will help and AMD is also releasing their version of locked cpu's although no idea on a date for that.

I know I can't be the only building some new boxes on this forum.

I'm sure someone has a juicy non X build they are planning soon.

I built my Zen 3 system about 18 months ago? Maybe 2 years idk. With the X3D price drop I pulled out my 5600X and plopped in the new X3D. This'll hold me a fair few years. Next will be the GPU, not sure if Nvidia or AMD this round. My GTX1080 was a frikken legend, but it showed signs of death so I emergency bought a 3060 for 500 CAD. I tend to upgrade my system bits at a time with a platform upgrade every 5 or 6 years so technically I'm always building a new rig.....just....very....slowly...

Reactions: sonofjesse