Anybody getting this weird little bug

Solution

Nope, you are not the only one. There are thousands of users on Microsoft website with similar issue.
Windows 10 updates are corrupting or breaking the Icon Cache and Thumbnail Cache.

I had similar issues but it was fixed by one or two of the previous step posted here.
On one laptop, I just right click one icon, selected Properties, clicked Change icon, click OK without changing a thing and all icon returned to normal.

Sometimes running System File Checker (Sfc) fixed the issue.
Open Command Prompt as administrator.
Type DISM.exe /Online...
Use the Windows Apps troubleshooter and see if it find and fixes the issue.
Open Control Panel, click Troubleshooting, then click on Hardware and Sound.
Click on Windows Store Apps and when the troubleshooter opens click Advanced.
Make sure Apply repair automatically and click the Next button.
The troubleshooter might find and fix errors automatically. If it cannot fix them it will list errors with instructions you should follow.

-ExcaL-

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

Hmmm unfortunately that couldn't fix it, never had this before no idea why it's happening now

-ExcaL-

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

Yeah I'm not sure, Am I the only one getting this?

Nope, you are not the only one. There are thousands of users on Microsoft website with similar issue.
Windows 10 updates are corrupting or breaking the Icon Cache and Thumbnail Cache.

I had similar issues but it was fixed by one or two of the previous step posted here.
On one laptop, I just right click one icon, selected Properties, clicked Change icon, click OK without changing a thing and all icon returned to normal.

Sometimes running System File Checker (Sfc) fixed the issue.
Open Command Prompt as administrator.
Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, let run and complete,
Then type sfc /scannow, let the scan find and fix corrupt files .

If the above does not fix it then follow this guide to "Repair Icon Cache" on Windows 10

You might need to also to "Repair Thumbnail Cache"

Solution