[SOLVED] Anybody here use a 24" inch 4k monitor?

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Doing research the general consensus is "too small". When I use the DSR 4k resolution yeah windows is horribly small but gaming seems fine.

Just curious if anybody else if happy with this size at 4k...

Solution
Its not so much the size of what your viewing but packing that resolution into such a small screen.
Yeah its 4k, but on a 24" monitor would you really be able to tell it apart from 1440p? Probably not as much as youd think.
Also, running DSR really wont give you the proper feel for 4k on 24".

I would say, if you can, look at some monitors in a store, but generally I wouldnt go 4k under something like 27", 24-27 at 1440p is a good range as well.
Its not so much the size of what your viewing but packing that resolution into such a small screen.
Yeah its 4k, but on a 24" monitor would you really be able to tell it apart from 1440p? Probably not as much as youd think.

I would say, if you can, look at some monitors in a store, but generally I wouldnt go 4k under something like 27", 24-27 at 1440p is a good range as well.

Solution

yaggaz

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013

I would absolutely say YES I can totally see the difference between 2k and 4k on my 1080p... BUT... that is using DSR. 2k has even worse jaggies than native 1920x1080 but 4k looks %100 jaggie free to me. Again though, this is DSR so I may see something totally different on the native respective resolution monitors when comparing.

I have never looked upon native 2k and 4k resolution monitors in gaming in person so I think you're suggestion to get to a store and physically check it out is the only way I'll ever really know.