Question Anyone been having problems with the 1000watt Corsair RMX Gold Modular PSUs?

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
Anyone been having problems with the 1000watt Corsair RMX Gold Modular PSUS? One supplier said they have had lots fail only the 1000watt one

Kinda the sweet sport for threadripper 3 systems between entry 850 watt and more expensive 1300 watt ones

Interesting. I thought the CWT made RM1000x had a pretty good rep. It scores a perfect 10 out of 10 over at JG.

Yeah. These other guys are talking out of their earholes.

Anyone been having problems with the 1000watt Corsair RMX Gold Modular PSUS? One supplier said they have had lots fail only the 1000watt one

Kinda the sweet sport for threadripper 3 systems between entry 850 watt and more expensive 1300 watt ones

Context helps. What kinds of "problems". The failure rate on the 1000W isn't any higher than any of the other wattages, unless of course they've been used for Cryptocurrency mining. Then the failures go through the roof due to melted connectors due to morons running multiple GPUs off of SATA power connectors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. These other guys are talking out of their earholes.

Context helps. What kinds of "problems". The failure rate on the 1000W isn't any higher than any of the other wattages, unless of course they've been used for Cryptocurrency mining. Then the failures go through the roof due to melted connectors due to morons running multiple GPUs off of SATA power connectors.
I see you voted me down. You wouldn’t take a Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w over the RMx for $40 less? Seems like a no brainer.

I see you voted me down. You wouldn’t take a Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w over the RMx for $40 less? Seems like a no brainer.

I have noted a custom builder over at Amazon has had multiple failures with the RMx line, citing a 40% failure rate. But overall, the line is highly rated by customers.

It's a bit of a tossup. I love my Focus Plus 850 Platinum. I also owned a Corsair AX850 which has been rock solid. I'm trying to decide between two 550W RMx or two Focus Plus 550W now. (For a small unraid server and pfsense box)

They are both good units. Both come with an excellent warranty. But the RMx is slightly better on the rail output when stressed.

Seems all the decent units have sky rocketed in price over the last year. I wonder if there is a shortage or component cost increase.

Last edited:

spikeysonic

Prominent
Jul 23, 2018
I have noted a custom builder over at Amazon has had multiple failures with the RMx line, citing a 40% failure rate. But overall, the line is highly rated by customers.

It's a bit of a tossup. I love my Focus Plus 850 Platinum. I also owned a Corsair AX850 which has been rock solid. I'm trying to decide between two 550W RMx or two Focus Plus 550W now. (For a small unraid server and pfsense box)

They are both good units. Both come with an excellent warranty. But the RMx is slightly better on the rail output when stressed.

Seems all the decent units have sky rocketed in price over the last year. I wonder if there is a shortage or component cost increase.

40% sound high for failure.

Its just one of the builder companies I have been communicating with said theyre had been too many retursn for their like of the 1000what rmx gold corsair PSUS, no reason as to why and only that wattage for some reason