[SOLVED] Anyone else have the MSI Optix MAG271C? I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
I got the MSI Optix MAG271C a few days ago. This is my first actual monitor as I've been using a 32' TV for the last 10 years so I was excited to have a decent 144hz monitor. I set it up and was disappointed at the picture quality right away, it was dull and blurry. It took an hour of tweaking to get it looking good on the desktop but then I try to watch a video and it looks bad and if I get media looking ok than everything else looks bad. There are 1000's of 5 star reviews of this monitor so there must be some magical combination of settings that are good. Does anyone have this monitor and found color settings that look good all around?

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
UPDATE:
This is an update for anyone else that bought this monitor and is having the same problem with picture looking like crap no matter what you do. The issue was fixed by going into the professional menu setting and in "pro mode" you apparently need to use one of their built in settings. The designer preset was the only one that didn't apply "HDCR" or the "eye saver" setting so I went with designer and adjusted the brightness and color setting to get the picture how I liked. No matter what I did within the normal settings things were blurry and the dark blacks would get a halo effect and this fixed it.
Hope this helps someone in the future

Mar 31, 2021
UPDATE:
This is an update for anyone else that bought this monitor and is having the same problem with picture looking like crap no matter what you do. The issue was fixed by going into the professional menu setting and in "pro mode" you apparently need to use one of their built in settings. The designer preset was the only one that didn't apply "HDCR" or the "eye saver" setting so I went with designer and adjusted the brightness and color setting to get the picture how I liked. No matter what I did within the normal settings things were blurry and the dark blacks would get a halo effect and this fixed it.
UPDATE:
You literally saved me. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.