Anyone explain how the warranty in a graphics card works?

aikorush

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
I do understand a warranty can be used to replace the card maybe?
But my question is as someone who ordered the graphics card online from abroad(I live in Maldives) what should I really do if for example there is a problem with the card
Will I be able to use the warranty to replace the card with a new one? And if so how should I do it?

My card is an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW but we don't have any EVGA company here so not really sure what I should do. It's not broken yet or anything, just making sure incase some problem occurs.

Solution
All you have to do is go to their website and register the card. If something happens you would then open a support ticket. They will give you some troubleshooting tips to try and fix it. If those don't work they will set up an RMA. You would then mail them the card. If they can fix it they'll return the card to you. If they can't they'll send you a replacement. More than likely the replacement will be a refurbished card.

kraelic

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
Contact evga and find out the specifics, see if they have a warranty/repair canter in your area. If you bought a used card you may not have any warranty, as many companies have changed their warranties because of mining abuse. I think the current thing is you buy from a listed vendor or retail store, then register the card in your name with a copy of the invoice.

Kalevra

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
All you have to do is go to their website and register the card. If something happens you would then open a support ticket. They will give you some troubleshooting tips to try and fix it. If those don't work they will set up an RMA. You would then mail them the card. If they can fix it they'll return the card to you. If they can't they'll send you a replacement. More than likely the replacement will be a refurbished card.

Solution
some times registering the card is the way to actually activate the warranty(and tie the card's serial number to you), so you should do this. I've even seen where you get an extra year on the warranty if you register withing 30 days - it depends on the manufacturer