[SOLVED] Anyone has booted BIOS with 3rd gen ryzen with old BIOS?

ChonJr

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Hi,

Have you tried to boot into BIOS to update it because the mobo only supports 3rd gen Ryzen with the latest BIOS? The nearby computer stores said I can boot BIOS (and update it) with it but I read everywhere I can't.

Solution
I dont see any USB bios updating features.

I would suggest either trying to get the store to update the bios for you or buying an AMD Athlon 200ge in order to update the bios for 3rd gen support.

AMD will also loan you an AMD Athlon 200ge in order to update the bios, but it will take a while to process.
You cannot boot into bios with an unsupported CPU. The board will not display an image.
Most boards can not have their bios updated for 3rd gen support unless you have a supported cpu (second of first gen)

If you have a msi board with bios flashback you dont need a supported cpu to update the bios.

Reactions: AllanGH
I dont see any USB bios updating features.

I would suggest either trying to get the store to update the bios for you or buying an AMD Athlon 200ge in order to update the bios for 3rd gen support.

AMD will also loan you an AMD Athlon 200ge in order to update the bios, but it will take a while to process.

Solution