Question Anyone have a custom Linux kernel config for WRX90E-SAGE they'd be willing to share?

Mar 18, 2024
Currently, I am running the default Linux kernel (6.5.0-26-generic) from Ubuntu 23.10 on an Asus WRX90E-SAGE motherboard. I am having some issues with bluetooth and hardware sensors, and would like to try to update to latest stable or mainline kernel to see if it will address the issues.

If any of you are using Linux on the WRX90E-SAGE would you be down to share your configuration here, and talk about any issues you came across while building your custom kernel for this board?

Thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
Currently, I am running the default Linux kernel (6.5.0-26-generic) from Ubuntu 23.10 on an Asus WRX90E-SAGE motherboard. I am having some issues with bluetooth and hardware sensors, and would like to try to update to latest stable or mainline kernel to see if it will address the issues.

If any of you are using Linux on the WRX90E-SAGE would you be down to share your configuration here, and talk about any issues you came across while building your custom kernel for this board?

Thanks!
Why do you believe that it is a kernel issue?
This page -- https://ubuntu.com/about/release-cycle#ubuntu-kernel-release-cycle would say that 6.5 is the latest available kernel.

Mar 18, 2024
Why do you believe that it is a kernel issue?
This page -- https://ubuntu.com/about/release-cycle#ubuntu-kernel-release-cycle would say that 6.5 is the latest available kernel.
I believe that it might be a kernel issue, because I am having a variety of driver/firmware related errors popping up in dmesg, bluetooth/hardware sensors are not working properly, and am using a very new motherboard that was just released late last year. There have been a numerous kernel patches since the 6.5 release related to the exact modules I'm having trouble with (bluetooth, iwlwifi, hardware sensors, AMD-related modules, etc), and I wanted to see if updating the kernel corrected any of these issues.

The latest supported kernel release in Ubuntu cycle is 6.5, but the latest stable Linux kernel is Linux 6.8.7. This is what I'll be building (along with nvidia drivers, etc to go along with it). I was just curious to hear other peoples' experiences with this, who are using the WRX90E-SAGE, so I can know about any potential issues to expect.

I am not 100% certain that any of the issues I am having will be fixed by a kernel upgrade, but it won't hurt to try, and likely will resolve some of my issues. And even if it doesn't end up fixing everything, it will still help me along during bug reporting process for kernel devs to know that the issues I'm having are still occuring in latest stable kernel. (For instance, when I recently filed a bug report related to iwlwifi, one of the first things that was suggested was to try to update iwlwifi firmware, because there is a more recent release than the one used in Ubuntu 23.10). I am comfortable configuring/building kernel, but am only asking to hear others experiences with this board.

TRENDING THREADS