Question Anyone have any idea of what's the issue with my case of bootloop?

alen2dull

Reputable
Mar 25, 2019
Couple days back I was coding in android studio, a little intense for my low end PC as it does freeze from time to time. Suddenly it just completely shuts down, screen turn black, monitor lost connection and then emidietly boots back up. Then it tries to prepare automatic repair, fails, shutdowns again, and now loops.

Most site suggest opening in safe mode to figure the issue out but idk gigabyte motherboards dnt have safemode they have secure mode, which I did figure out how to enable in bios, however when I boot with it, it just goes back to bios again.

Next thing I did is install a new OS (linuxlite). It surprisingly worked and completely boots up to the desktop. I first tried check out it task manager to see how's everything is running. But if I ever tries to open any other app (sometimes even task manager) it just completely freeze up, sometimes freeze but can still see hover effect but not be able to interact with anything, other times it just does the same shutdown as before, black screen and monitor no connection.

At this point im kinda stuck, i keep trying to reinstall OS, try plugging in and out some of the components but nothing. I'm really hoping of trying to fix this on my own as it would be difficult to bring this to any store using public transport in my country.

If anyone have any idea of how to fix it myself, it would be much appreciated.

Specs:
Amd Ryzen 2200g with radeon graphics
Gigabyte A320M-S2H
Secure (brand) 220VAC PSU
8gb ram
500 GB SSD

Lutfij

Titan
Could you pass on a link to the unit? How old is the unit? Make and model of the case? Number of fans in the case and their orientation? I would try and source(borrow, not buy) a 450W reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue is alleviated.

Are you able to get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely?

Where are you sourcing the installers for the OS?

alen2dull

Reputable
Mar 25, 2019
Could you pass on a link to the unit? How old is the unit? Make and model of the case? Number of fans in the case and their orientation? I would try and source(borrow, not buy) a 450W reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue is alleviated.

Are you able to get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely?

Where are you sourcing the installers for the OS?
First of all, thanks for the reply. Second sorry for my stupidity, the Secure 220VAC is not my psu, it's the AVR :/ . The PSU is actually something similar to this:

iirc its atleast 3 yrs old
Here is the case setup:
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/EpPwURW

Unfortunately, i just moved to a dorm recently and so it might be difficult to borrow one, mainly since most ppl in here uses laptops.

And yes, i can stay on the bios just fine. While the OS installer is just my usb turned into a installer using balena etcher.

First that is a very old 312w power supply by today's standards.
It only has 312w on the 12v rail, the rest is on the 5v and 3.3v rails which are barely used today.

Think Pentium3 early Pentium 4 era power supply when most things ran off 3.3v or 5v.
Probably had a 1 year warranty which has well passed.

I would replace it reguardless.

Reactions: alen2dull

alen2dull

Reputable
Mar 25, 2019
First that is a very old 312w power supply by today's standards.
It only has 312w on the 12v rail, the rest is on the 5v and 3.3v rails which are barely used today.

Think Pentium3 early Pentium 4 era power supply when most things ran off 3.3v or 5v.
Probably had a 1 year warranty which has well passed.

I would replace it reguardless.
I see I see, but if it was the cause of the problem, why now? Is it just that it just gave out or did I do something wrong hmm.