Question Anyone here use LG C2 C3 C4 displays? How do you like them?

NickyB

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
I have a LG C2 48in as my desktop display. Best purchase I have made in a long time for my pc.

Do you guys like LG OLEDs? Do you use them for your pc displays? What one do you have?

I also have a 48" LG C2 as my main display.
It will refresh at 120hz with the proper gpu and cables.
The image quality is outstanding and I like the size.

You have to be very careful to not get image burn in.
One annoyance is the frequent request to do a 5 minute pixel refresh procedure.
This happens when you first turn on the pc and want to do some work.
Of course, you can defer the action.
It really is a TV. I would be happier with monitor onnly functionality.

NickyB

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
My 5 min pixel refresh only happens if I have the C2 on for an ungodly time. Other than that, it doesn't really trigger at all. I have 0 burn in after 3.4k hours playing plenty of games, static taskbar. I just think the burn in thing is totally overblown issue.

Other than that, I wish it had the auto power on when signal is detected but I am not lazy enough to not use the remote.

TeamRed2024

Proper
Aug 12, 2024
I have a LG C2 48in as my desktop display. Best purchase I have made in a long time for my pc.

Do you guys like LG OLEDs? Do you use them for your pc displays? What one do you have?

Since 2018...

65" B7
77" CX
48" CX (PC display)
65" C1
77" B3

All are still in use in my home. The B7 and both CX's are calibrated... but I quit caring about that about 2 years ago so haven't bothered with the C1 and B3. Picture quality is stunning regardless.

You have to be very careful to not get image burn in.

I have never been a believer in the paranoia. Across all of the panels listed about I have at least 20,000 hours of use over the last 6 years and none of them have burn in... including the PC display with the Windows taskbar consistently at the bottom of the screen.

The only time I've seen burn in on a OLED display is the guys who do reviews leaving it on the same news channel with the static ticker across the bottom of the screen for hundreds of consecutive hours. You don't buy an OLED to watch CNN 24/7... you get a cheap LCD for that. Those reviews just aren't indicative of real world use for 99% of users IMO.

I've never taken any precautions... I use the panels normally and let them do their pixel refresh every few hundred hours and have never had any issues.

I just think the burn in thing is totally overblown issue.

... and you'd be right.