Question anyone know how to fix GPU 0 - 3D keep turning on and off?

Aug 31, 2022
This started when i was playing Minecraft and my fps suddenly dropped to 0, And i noticed that whenever my GPU 0 - 3D went off my frames drop the same time.

I have tried going in AMD Radeon setting and setting the exact file to always run GPU 0 - 3D,
I made sure to reinstall and check everything is up to date.

so any idea you got that i can try?

Aug 31, 2022
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd usage?

uses around 30-60% cpu, 20-40% gpu, 70-80%ram, 10-20%ssd.
  • PSU: ATNG 500W 80+
  • Motherboard: ASUS Prime B250M-A
  • CPU: Intel i5 7400
  • CPU Cooler: Stock Intel cooler
  • GPU: MSI RX 580 Armor 4G
  • RAM: ADATA 8GB 2400MHz (2x4GB)
  • Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022
well i cant do that at the moment so any other solution?

It sounds like your saying it switches to the iGPU from the dGPU? When it does this is the GPU still recognised by Windows or does it disappear temporarily?
yes when looking in task manager it disappear from the gpu engine temporarily .

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022
Unfortunately it sounds like it might be a hardware issue. It could be related to the PSU as @dotas1 suggests, does it come back when you restart the PC?

Also do you know the max temp the GPU gets to?
no clue what the temp gets to, and it goes in and of it regardless if i restart it.
and i think its more of a software issue as it only happens to specific games, and others it works fine.

A good quality donor PSU would be nice to rule out yours (tho as said, you should get rid of it regardless). It's possible the PSU is not providing enuff power to the GPU.
Install and run HWInfo (free) and play the game. HWInfo will record minimum, maximum, and current temps and voltages that may help you confirm where the problem lies.