Question Anyone know of a program to monitor clipboard and execute a command if a certain string gets copied to the clipboard?

heweaver

Reputable
Dec 4, 2019
I am working on something at home and find myself in need of an application that can monitor the clipboard and then run a program or execute a command if a certain string gets copied to the clipboard. It seems the simplest way for me to do exactly what I want is to find a program that can do that, which would possibly allow me to setup more than one trigger, depending on the text that gets copied.

I couldn't find one that did exactly that. Would anyone know if something like this exists? Or if there's an alternate way to get the same thing to happen...

Thanks!

heweaver

Reputable
Dec 4, 2019
I have used PROCMON before. It just monitors task manager for any changes in programs, new programs being launched etc. I don't know if it can read text that is copied to the clipboard, and not sure if it would be able to launch anything afterward even if it did. I don't think that one would work :(

I'm not sure this is the exact program you are looking for, it's a simple program that allows you to copy and paste multiple things in a row. The things you copied are added in a queue where you can edit them before pasting. I developed it by the way :).

<Self promotion link removed by moderator>
Besides the fact that self promotion is against the rules here, in this case I don't know if they'd allow it or not since it's relevant to the question, but the fact that it doesn't seem to support triggers (Not that there seems to really be any documentation on it anyhow in order to find out exactly what it DOES support) which is one of the primary concerns of the OP. So, probably not what they are looking for.