Question Anyone know the best legacy bios GPU I can get?

MajorPager

Upstanding
Aug 8, 2023
I've talked about getting lots of different GPU's on here before and even considered getting a 780 Ti, but I'm sure there are better cards out there that still support legacy bios. I haven't really found much, 1050 Ti here, 670 there, and a 1060 up yonder, anyone found or used better than these?

Nvidia brand is preferred, smallest amount of display ports or none at all is also preferred, although I'm not one to care much about that though so just see what can be found.

Generally GTX950 and 960 hybrid vBIOSes usually have no issues with Legacy BIOS, and are last with XP drivers and also last with analog VGA out. Other 9xx and 10xx have neither of those but often work too, especially in AMD or Core 2 platforms which never had any UEFI at all. Contemporary AMD cards were more troublesome to get running reliably.

The biggest problem is with early EFI implementations around the Sandy Bridge era that were partial/incomplete, tricking a hybrid vBIOS into going down the UEFI pathway instead of the correct Legacy BIOS option ROM one. If you want a card that will always work in Legacy BIOS mode no matter what, it has to be the MSI GTX 750Ti which has a physical vBIOS switch--one side is UEFI only, and the other is Legacy BIOS only.

All other GTX 7xx cards had hybrid vBIOSes from the beginning