[SOLVED] Anyone know why my card performs so much worse with same or higher overclock?

Apr 15, 2021
Solution
Don't use Userbenchmark to check if you're system is working as intended. As @alceryes mentioned, 50% is the point which should be the middle or "as working as intended." But statistically speaking, the "working as intended" range could be a 10% swing in either direction and most of it is minor variations that you won't really see in practice.

Also note that whatever overclocking you can do with the 2070, which I'm assuming that's the card we're talking about given the links, is going to be pretty minute to the point of "why bother." For example my 2070 Super can go up to about 90MHz or so, but the card already boosts to 1950 MHz. This is a measly 4.6% increase that I won't even really appreciate if clock speed boosts...
Apr 15, 2021
You are in the 78th percentile.
Your performance is above average.
You are comparing this to a 96th percentile machine.
I would not consider 78th to 96th "so much worse".
You are still better than average...and by a significant amount.
so are you saying my ram or cpu are bottlenecking the performance of my card to go any higher?

I really don't see anything that stands out to me that I would consider a problem.

It doesn't make sense to me that they would put this message by the GPU.
"performing below potential (60th percentile) - "

First of all 60th percentile is above the average.....which means it's performing better than the average.

....and this is confirmed by looking at the distribution on the graph.

Reactions: alceryes
Their memory is performing better and with lower latency.
Userbenchmark is great for quick diagnostics but you should take the top percentage calculation with a huge grain of salt. Instead look at the relative performance percentage under each individual component. Even then, I like to say that anything above 50%, across the board, is a good target.

Reactions: jay32267
Don't use Userbenchmark to check if you're system is working as intended. As @alceryes mentioned, 50% is the point which should be the middle or "as working as intended." But statistically speaking, the "working as intended" range could be a 10% swing in either direction and most of it is minor variations that you won't really see in practice.

Also note that whatever overclocking you can do with the 2070, which I'm assuming that's the card we're talking about given the links, is going to be pretty minute to the point of "why bother." For example my 2070 Super can go up to about 90MHz or so, but the card already boosts to 1950 MHz. This is a measly 4.6% increase that I won't even really appreciate if clock speed boosts automagically translate to FPS boosts (they don't)

If you want to make sure your video card is working as intended, look at professional reviews and compare the scores you get with theirs, with the caveat that you have a different hardware set up so you should focus on GPU-bound tests.

Solution