Anyone own the Logitech F310 or F710?

RBrim08

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
I'm thinking about picking up this controller to replace my ancient wired 360 controller. I wanted to ask about the A, B, X, Y and forward shoulder buttons. Do they all press down hard and "pop" like the 360 controller? Or are they soft, gentle compressions like that of the PS3 controller?

tinyE

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I've got a Logitech Cordless Rumble pack that looks almost identicle to the two you mentioned, and it is the same maker, and the shoulder buttons are very smooth. The other buttons have a slight pop but nothing more than what the old NES controllers had.

RBrim08

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Well, my main concern is wear. The buttons on my 360 controller easily get stuck in the depressed position and makes tapping them a pain sometimes, because it might no register or it'll register another button instead.

The PS3 buttons don't have that problem, to my knowledge.

tinyE

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Durability is the number one thing I look for because I beat the piss out of my controllers. I've had 2 of these rumble pads. The 1st one I spilled Coke on, making the buttons stick, and I had to open it up and clean it out at which point it was fine. Fine untill a week later, my Lou Brock autographed baseball rolled off my bookcase, fell 5 feet, and landed directly on the fancy little Logitech logo on the middle of the pad. The pad was toast.

I immediatly ordered a new one. That was four years ago and I havn't had a problem since.

ps I honestly think Lou Brock's autograph was the deciding factor. Had it been Ricky Henderson autograph I'm sure the pad wouldn't have broken!

Basskay

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
I have an F310, and the buttons are definitely more "poppy". I just got it fairly recently, and I haven't used it much, so I can't say much for their overall durability, unfortunately.