Question Anything wrong with Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Trinity OC?

KatakuriChan

Reputable
Mar 8, 2021
Hi, I'm going to buy a used 3080ti. These models are going super cheap in my local market. Any knows cooling / design / bios flaws in these?

Hi, I'm going to buy a used 3080ti. These models are going super cheap in my local market. Any knows cooling / design / bios flaws in these?

Hey there,

So, anything that's super cheap, is that way for a reason. The card could have spent it's life mining. You don't know. It could have a different bios than default. It could be in the throws of dying. It could be a rebadged GPU, making out to be one thing, when it's not. How old is the card? Is it under warranty? The seller should be able to tell you this.

There are two things I won't buy second hand for a PC. GPU, and PSU. Everything else you could buy.

Anyway to test it before purchase? That's what I'd do, or else just walk away. Save up and get a newish one, as they are dropping in price right now.

KatakuriChan

Reputable
Mar 8, 2021
Hey there,
I would caution you that any card going for "super cheap" was probably a mining card at some point. It may be fine but there have been reliability problems with cards that were mined half to death and not properly taken care of.
Thanks. Most are still under 1-2 years warranty. And these aren't from one person. ( Or maybe the same person s using fake accounts. )

Thanks. Most are still under 1-2 years warranty. And these aren't from one person. ( Or maybe the same person s using fake accounts. )

Well, look. I know sometimes, we want to get our gaming goodness back on track with an easy (cheap ) upgrade. Who doesn't? But, if your horse (GPU) turns out to be a donkey, then you have no way to get your money back. Be careful with your decision, and keep an eye out on good sites, where the discounts are real, for a good products.

Last edited:
Reactions: KatakuriChan

TRENDING THREADS