Anyway I can find my windows 10 product key?

dota2er

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
I pulled my ssd out from old computer, which contain the windows 10. I erased all the data beside windwos 10 itself before unplug it. I did research before, and check it by command prompt which my key can be transferred. Now I use another ssd as my system drive, and I can't find a way to recover my activation key. What can I do now?

Solution

Right.
For an Upgraded Win 10, you should have linked it to your MS account before swapping hardware.

If you go through the Activation Troubleshooter in Settings, what does it say?

USAFRet

Titan

Where did your Win 10 come from?
If you are just reinstalling in the same system but just another drive, you do not need the Win 10 key.
Install, and it will activate itself once it goes online.

dota2er

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

I installed it on my new desktop, beside hard drive and graphic card, all others are brand new. That is why I am asking:D

dota2er

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

My new ssd is m.2, my old z87 dont have the slot for it:(

USAFRet

Titan

So this is a whole new system?
You should have done this before you changed the hardware:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3164428/windows-build-1607-activation.html

So you've built a new system, and installed the OS on the new drive?
And it's not activated?

Again...where did the original Win 10 come from? Upgraded from something previous? Somewhere else?

dota2er

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

Yes, this is whole new system. No, it is not activated. My win 10 is upgrade for my win 8 which I bought from a market.

USAFRet

Titan

Right.
For an Upgraded Win 10, you should have linked it to your MS account before swapping hardware.

Solution

dota2er

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

"We weren't able to to activate windows on this device." That is what It said. I may need to try install the original system ssd into old system see if I can have my product key back. :(

You need to get your old system back up & running & follow that info USAFRet posted.

Essentially all you need to really do is create microsoft account & use it as a login on the old system.
This should automatically tie the account to the license,its then a easy re activation on the new pc.