Anyway to cycle between headphones and speakers?

Zehel

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
My headphones are plugged in the back 2 headphone and mic jacks, my speaker is plugged in the front headphone jack. Right now only the speakers are recognized, unless i unplug the speakers, then the headphones get recognized. Is there anyway i can seamlessly go from headphones to speakers without having to unplug the speakers every time? My OS is windows 10.

Solution
1) Use the front panel for headphones.
- if the software is setup correctly, it should detect the headphones and auto disable the rear speakers

2) use desktop speakers with a headphone jack
- works the same way and will auto mute the speakers and use the headphone output

That's basically it. With some sound cards that have multiple outputs you can use BOTH outputs at the same time but in that case you'd turn off the speakers then plug in the headphones (and be careful of volume).

*If using onboard REALTEK make sure you have the full software pack (see motherboard site or go to the REALTEK TW site to find the HD drivers).
1) Use the front panel for headphones.
- if the software is setup correctly, it should detect the headphones and auto disable the rear speakers

2) use desktop speakers with a headphone jack
- works the same way and will auto mute the speakers and use the headphone output

That's basically it. With some sound cards that have multiple outputs you can use BOTH outputs at the same time but in that case you'd turn off the speakers then plug in the headphones (and be careful of volume).

*If using onboard REALTEK make sure you have the full software pack (see motherboard site or go to the REALTEK TW site to find the HD drivers).

Solution