Anyway to fix lag?

Skrillex24

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
So everytime I want to play games, I get ping spikes. So this has been bugging me, and I go searching for what is causing ALL of my issues, and the answer, NETFLIX
I was looking through my router settings and went to devices and saw Netflix eating up SO MUCH BANDWIDTH that it causes me to lag
I really want to know if there is anyway to play, and have netflix going, because the netflix watcher(sister) is very stubborn and WILL NOT STOP WATCHING TEEN WOLF OR SOME GARBAGE
I have a 24 download, 2.4 upload, a Netgear Nighthawk X4 R7500v2, and a ARRIS SurfBOARD SB6141.
I really would like to fix this issue, thanks

If you have 24m download a single netflix stream should cause your game no problems. I will assume for now that the netflix content is not the small amount of 4k content. The standard movies even running at 1080 HD is about 6m. You game is would be lucky to use 1m.

This is not even 1/2 your bandwidth so I suspect there is some other traffic causing the issue. A file download is much more likely to cause issues because they generally take as much bandwidth as possible..unlike video that runs for longer times but at lower rates.

With a fairly advanced QoS setting you could limit the netflix bandwidth but I suspect it is not actually your problem.

Now if you are both using wireless then that can cause huge issues at much lower bandwidth rates.

The only true solution is to have your own internet you do not share but that generally means you pay for it also.