[SOLVED] AOC 24g2 (version 2) vs BenQ Mobiuz 2510s

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
I was really internet in 2510 non S but it’s available in my country only the S version and I heard it’s not as good as the original one then AOC 24g2 is available but after checking it’s version 2 so I don’t know which to choose from both are 270$

Solution
i understand, it's not easy unless you're a pro to understand all the specs.

i went looking for something that was good enough for my needs. not so much how it compared to other models. best is relative to its purpose and you'll never find the absolute best thing for that specific budget. i found the AOC 24g1 on sale, checked out a few reviews and bought it. i am not disappointed in any way, but i don't sit around comparing it to other screens now that i own it.

to simply know you got a good screen that will serve your purpose is the best you can do for the money. again, i know the AOC monitor is a good option and i'd not hesitate to buy the 24g2 if i was looking right now. considering you have doubts about the other option...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
what does "i heard it is not as good" mean? did you read professional reviews of the screens? or did you overhear some random conversation in line to buy coffee?? or even worse, are you looking at random comments in places like redit or product pages on amazon??

i know the AOC screen is a good budget option but not read anything about the BenQ one, nor how it relates to the non s model. look for some actual professional reviews and don't rely on random chatter on the internet :)

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
what does "i heard it is not as good" mean? did you read professional reviews of the screens? or did you overhear some random conversation in line to buy coffee?? or even worse, are you looking at random comments in places like redit or product pages on amazon??

i know the AOC screen is a good budget option but not read anything about the BenQ one, nor how it relates to the non s model. look for some actual professional reviews and don't rely on random chatter on the internet :)
According to this
View: https://youtu.be/HTMU3p5GMkM
S version is worse.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
ok so it does not perform as good. is it still good enough for your uses? that's really what it comes down to. if it works for you, then a better model existing is not a big deal.

i have the AOC 24G1 and love it. i know the gen 2 is a touch better and is a great budget option. sure there are better screens out there for 2x the price but for what i paid, i got a great monitor.

if you're unsure of the BenQ model, then go for the AOC one as it is a solid monitor for the money.

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
ok so it does not perform as good. is it still good enough for your uses? that's really what it comes down to. if it works for you, then a better model existing is not a big deal.

i have the AOC 24G1 and love it. i know the gen 2 is a touch better and is a great budget option. sure there are better screens out there for 2x the price but for what i paid, i got a great monitor.

if you're unsure of the BenQ model, then go for the AOC one as it is a solid monitor for the money.
Well the problem is nobody compared these 2 before.I tried to watch a separate videos for each and then compare but the results are different from a review to another, for example the vid above that guy got 89 sRGB for the S while another one got 96%so I think it’s more of a lottery.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i understand, it's not easy unless you're a pro to understand all the specs.

i went looking for something that was good enough for my needs. not so much how it compared to other models. best is relative to its purpose and you'll never find the absolute best thing for that specific budget. i found the AOC 24g1 on sale, checked out a few reviews and bought it. i am not disappointed in any way, but i don't sit around comparing it to other screens now that i own it.

to simply know you got a good screen that will serve your purpose is the best you can do for the money. again, i know the AOC monitor is a good option and i'd not hesitate to buy the 24g2 if i was looking right now. considering you have doubts about the other option available to you, i'd go with that screen and go back to enjoying my pc :)

Solution

A1i

Sep 25, 2022
Well the problem is nobody compared these 2 before.I tried to watch a separate videos for each and then compare but the results are different from a review to another, for example the vid above that guy got 89 sRGB for the S while another one got 96%so I think it’s more of a lottery.

Hey! Did you end up getting either of those monitors. I am in the same place you were and I dont know which one to get for roughly the same price. I'm leaning towards the BenQ but I know the Aoc is more well recommended and reviewed. One thing that really annoys me is the lack of reviews/coverage on the new Ex2510S model and the fact that it is a downgrade from the original (Ex2510). I have also heard bad things about the BenQ for watching movies and content bc of backlight bleed. My use case is mostly productivity, content consumption and occasional gaming. I would prefer the better looking panel more.

What was your choice and are you happy?