Question AOC 24G2, What are it's issues ?

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Hi, i'm thinking of getting this monitor, looked at all the reviews i possibly can and there are some great things about it, but a couple of the things i'm commonly seeing are as follows -

: Brightless too high, even on 0%
: Dead Pixels, i've seen tons of people who have gotten dead pixels from this monitor in particular.
: IPS Glow, some people have none, some people have some in bottom right of their screen, some people have alot.
: sRGB locked at high brightness

I've seen alot of people say that buying this monitor is like the lottery, do any of you guys have this monitor and could tell me your experiences with it ?

Lutfij

Titan
To be honest, buying any monitor is akin to the lottery due to the manufacturing process. If the quality control on the assembly line is high then you end up with displays that exhibit little to no issues whatsoever. I live in Asia and there have been a number of issues with a couple of batches of Dell's UltraSharp monitors, yes I know they are top tier monitors and cost a pretty penny but when the product manager was asked with pitchforks in hand, he admitted that the assembly line from which they came from are the "bad" batch.

Now, pertaining to dead pixels, usually they are mentioned in the warranty manual/leaflet that comes with with monitor. There's a minimum dead pixel requirement before you can initiate an RMA process.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
To be honest, buying any monitor is akin to the lottery due to the manufacturing process. If the quality control on the assembly line is high then you end up with displays that exhibit little to no issues whatsoever. I live in Asia and there have been a number of issues with a couple of batches of Dell's UltraSharp monitors, yes I know they are top tier monitors and cost a pretty penny but when the product manager was asked with pitchforks in hand, he admitted that the assembly line from which they came from are the "bad" batch.

Now, pertaining to dead pixels, usually they are mentioned in the warranty manual/leaflet that comes with with monitor. There's a minimum dead pixel requirement before you can initiate an RMA process.

Yeah i know the RMA policy, but ACCC backs you if that fails, because even one dead pixel is technically under warranty under ACCC rules, and any seller has to comply with AU law.

As for the manufacturing process, i agree completely, which is why i'm hesistant to buy any monitor nowadays, but my biggest issue with this monitor is the brightness being too high.