AOC AG271QG DCR Setting

Biga101011

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
Just recieved this monitor a couple days ago and love it. Got it working with gsync through my laptop until i build a desktop, which i want sure was even going to work.

I noticed some backlight bleed on my panel, which is common for all of the AU Optitronics based ips display. Mine actually isn't too bad, but it is annoying.

I was looking at the specifications on newegg, and it states a dynamic contrast ratio of 50,000,000 to 1. If that were the case though I should see black on a dark screen regardless of the blb, since the backlight itself would dim.

Is it possible that dcr is somehow disabled? I looked through everything in the osd and manual with no mention of it other than in the specs. Can there be something pc wise to enable this? I have not downloaded the drivers and other stuff from the site, but plan to do this over the weekend. I just thought those settings were usually controlled in the panel osd.

Solution
The only way you'll have a completely black screen is if you have an OLED screen. Backlight bleed is normal on all non-OLED screens. The backlight will dim, but it won't look as if the screen is off. I'd go through the manual to see if there's a setting specifically for the dcr, or if you have to have it in a viewing mode (example, movie/cinema, gaming, etc) for dcr to work

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
The only way you'll have a completely black screen is if you have an OLED screen. Backlight bleed is normal on all non-OLED screens. The backlight will dim, but it won't look as if the screen is off. I'd go through the manual to see if there's a setting specifically for the dcr, or if you have to have it in a viewing mode (example, movie/cinema, gaming, etc) for dcr to work

Solution

Biga101011

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
I can't wait until there is a real OLED option for gaming monitors. I know it won't dim completely, but 50,000,000 to 1 should get pretty dang dim.

Either way though, the manual is pretty much useless and doesn't mention it. I will contact AOC directly and ask about the limitations of the dcr. Thanks for the input! Maybe we can get OLED next year. Lol