[SOLVED] AOC c24g1(curved VA) vs 24g2u(flat IPS) ?

Jun 22, 2020
Hi guys!
I'd like to buy 1080p 144hz monitor but i cant decide which of those two. I would like to have curved monitor but i heard that c24g1 has a bit more ghosting, some peole say a bit higher input lag than 24g2u and that it has some text smearing problems. Both are the same price in my country. Does anyone has c24g1 or 24g2u? Is the 1500R curve at 24" even noticable or I wont get much different experience compared to a flat panel? Im gonna use it for FPS and singleplayer games so i dont rlly care if its IPS or VA unless one is more responsive than other. What would u guys recommend me? Also u can recommend me another monitor if its curved and its better than c24g1 in terms of ghosting and input lag but not much more expensive and i would like to avoid 27" at 1080p.. Otherwise i think imma buy 24g2u. I would appreciate any replies, thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
The general rule of thumb is
TN fastest response time
IPS best color accuracy
VA is somewhere in the middle of both (with added ghosting)

The 24g2 model from AOC is basically the best value out there for 1080p144hz

The c24g1 I'd still be ok with, but personally having a curved screen on anything other than an ultra wide is just a gimmick to me

But if you're really hyped for a curved screen then the c24g1 is a good enough starting point. Just don't be dissapointed when curved 16:9 screen doesn't change your life

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no clue about the 24g2u but i have the c24g1 and love it. i don't notice any ghosting or other issues with it. i don't play shooters and such but the racing games i play hit 144 hz and i don't see any problems.

the curve is something you will quickly get used to. it does look different than a flat screen but only when next to each other. otherwise you'll just not notice after a while. the edges are a bit easier to see due to the curve but not massively so. i have it sitting next to a flat screen and the curve stands out then.

the g2 model is newer so i assume should benefit from a couple year newer tech, but then i have not researched it nor read any reviews on it.

Jun 22, 2020
no clue about the 24g2u but i have the c24g1 and love it. i don't notice any ghosting or other issues with it. i don't play shooters and such but the racing games i play hit 144 hz and i don't see any problems.

the curve is something you will quickly get used to. it does look different than a flat screen but only when next to each other. otherwise you'll just not notice after a while. the edges are a bit easier to see due to the curve but not massively so. i have it sitting next to a flat screen and the curve stands out then.

the g2 model is newer so i assume should benefit from a couple year newer tech, but then i have not researched it nor read any reviews on it.
Thanks for reply man. I will se what others also say. And i asked about curve cause im hyped about curved monitors so i want to know should i pick only curved Monitors or are flat Monitors also fine.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
both are fine. i have both on my desk and don't mind the flat one at all even when going back and forth between them as i do very often. there is just a slight difference in perspective but otherwise i don't see the need to stick with just curved.

if the price is right, i'd go either way again.

Jun 22, 2020
both are fine. i have both on my desk and don't mind the flat one at all even when going back and forth between them as i do very often. there is just a slight difference in perspective but otherwise i don't see the need to stick with just curved.

if the price is right, i'd go either way again.
OK so i wont miss anything game-changing if i decide to go with the flat panel. Thanks again for reply.

Last edited:

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
TN fastest response time
IPS best color accuracy

The c24g1 I'd still be ok with, but personally having a curved screen on anything other than an ultra wide is just a gimmick to me

But if you're really hyped for a curved screen then the c24g1 is a good enough starting point. Just don't be dissapointed when curved 16:9 screen doesn't change your life

Solution
Jun 22, 2020
TN fastest response time
IPS best color accuracy

OK man. I think ill go with 24g2u, but ill wait and think for a few days just in case i change my mind. And you said that VA panel is between but u didnt mention that it has the highest contrast ratio. If u have experience with those panels, i would like to know does this make images look better than IPS or is color accuracy and other stuff on IPS more important and better overall? Tnx for reply.

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that old rule of thumb is not valid anymore. ips is just as fast as tn ever was. look at the 360 hz ips screens out there!!! much faster than they were able to do in the past for sure.

the colors of ips are still great but a va panel is good enough for most people. it's usuall when you get into nit picky benchmarks that you can tell the difference. well that and people who swear they can tell the difference once they know what kind of screen it is. before they know, they won't know the difference either :)