AOC G2460PF 24-inch 144Hz FreeSync Monitor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Good budget monitor - good review. Not my cup of tea as 1440 at 27" is my bare minimum these days (getting a 4K soon to match my 1080). I would shoot myself in my eyeballs if I had to go back to this, but for many 24" 1080 with FS makes good financial sense.

Gmaer987

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
FYI I noticed that under Specifications you list the panel type as IPS but everywhere else you list it as TN

This is really compelling option. I just put a sample build together with a full system (i3 and RX 470) including OS and this display for just over $850. Even with inflated prices on 470s at the moment, that would offer a solid gaming experience at an amazing price (considering display and OS included).

gaborbarla

Distinguished
"Functionally, there is no difference between the two technologies until you start talking about low framerates."

So basically what you are saying is that if you have a fast PC and a fast graphics card and aiming to go into the 144Hz+ territory then you don't need GSync. This is a 144Hz monitor after all and most people are expected to have awesome gear to drive screens at those Hz. I have a 144Hz 1440p 1ms Freesync monitor driven by a GTX 1080 and never seen tearing on it yet.

Ok, I just ordered one.

The price and great Freesync range well worth it taking everything into account. Out of all the "high tier" gaming monitors, this one seems to be the one to beat in terms of value.

Thanks for the review and confirmation on my suspicions on this monitor.

One thing though, does it come with the DP cable?

Cheers!

Slyons89

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is a perfect second monitor to go next to my 27" 1440p. Especially that stand. I never see stands that offer so many adjustments, especially portrait mode, in this price range. My $400 Acer XG270HU has the crappiest stand in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.