AOC Introduces 24- And 27-inch FreeSync 144 Hz Gaming Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Any idea what the freesync range on this is?

FreeSync has a dynamic refresh rate range of 9–240 Hz, although anything under 30 will still look teribad, and anything under 15 feels like a flip-book. It's completely up to the discretion of the monitor creator to chose what they want to support.

InvalidError

Titan

AdaptiveSync will 'win' eventually since it is part of the DisplayPort specification and every scaler will eventually include it. A few years from now, it will be nearly impossible to get a display without AdaptiveSync support since it adds practically no cost.

Unless Nvidia manages to maintain its GPU performance and efficiency lead well enough to convince people to pick G-Sync which costs ~$150 extra over AdaptiveSync, Nvidia will eventually be forced to implement it either as a footnote in their tech specs or under a different marketing name from AMD's FreeSync.

I bet Nvidia already has some degree of AdaptiveSync support in Maxwell chips, just waiting for a firmware and driver update to enable it if they start hemorrhaging sales specifically due to much cheaper FreeSync monitors.

I can only hope.

hannibal

Distinguished
Well... I am sure that Nvidia can/could release Adaptive sync drivers any day if they wish to do it, but as long as those G-sync monitors sells nicely, there is no need for them to release those kind of drivers.
So they milk money as long as they can, because they did put some money to develop the G-sync technology. They already have something like Freesync in laptops, so they definitely can do it.

siluro8x8

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Apparently Freesync works between 48Hz and 144Hz on both displays (you can check full specifications on their website). In personal experience the top range doesn't really matter, but the bottom does make a lot of difference. Basically you'll need a minimum of 48 FPS on whatever you're playing to not see tearing, so better make sure you've got a good videocard paired with one of these if you wanna go for high details. Ofc the max resolution here being 1080p compared to my 1440p should make that a whole lot easier ^^

RockyPlays

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014

Been looking at that too but don't have the cash atm.

elw

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015

Currently it is 48-144hz, however in few days Aoc is uploading on site new driver. It will allow 35-144hz freesync range.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Not a bad price for what they are. I paid.... too much.... for this 120hz tn panel I'm looking at right now. Now if only we could get IPS panels down to this price.

Supporter

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015

whats the model numbers of those items you are talking about? any benchmarks or proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS