[SOLVED] AOC Monitor not going to 144hz

Styxyz

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
Hello!

I have recently bought a 144hz monitor and it has been a great experience! There's one problem I have right now... Everytime I try to change it -(in windows advanced screen settings)- it becomes a blackscreen and say "No signal", Then it changes back to 60hz and it just won't work!!! My CPU is a ryzen 5 2600x 3.60ghz and my GPU is a AMD sapphire nitro+ RX580 4GB. I would love some help because my eyes are kind of hurting whilst gaming. Thanks!

Solution
Hmm so 144Hz option is there so it is recognising 144Hz capable.

Have you tried monitor driver? Usually don't need to but check anyway.

https://au.aoc.com/product_5581_C24G1_monitor_AUSTRALIA.php

--

I couldn't see in the manual if there's an Hz setting in the monitor itself. If there is, it could be set to 120Hz. Some AOC and other monitors have a setting like this but not sure if yours does.

--

Between trying each cable (Separately; elaborating as in the GPU and monitor is connected via only one cable), have you tried restarting the PC?

--

You're not accidentally clicking no to the popup window that shows after changing frequency to keep changes by any chance?

Styxyz

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
What's the monitor and display cable used? Did the display cable ship with the monitor?

Check settings in the monitor as well in case there's a setting there for 144Hz and or needing to toggle Freesync to on.
Everytime I use freesync of adrenalin, it gives me a black screen in every game I play. It came with 2 cables when it came in the mail. A displayport cable and a HDMI I believe.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm so 144Hz option is there so it is recognising 144Hz capable.

Have you tried monitor driver? Usually don't need to but check anyway.

https://au.aoc.com/product_5581_C24G1_monitor_AUSTRALIA.php

--

I couldn't see in the manual if there's an Hz setting in the monitor itself. If there is, it could be set to 120Hz. Some AOC and other monitors have a setting like this but not sure if yours does.

--

Between trying each cable (Separately; elaborating as in the GPU and monitor is connected via only one cable), have you tried restarting the PC?

--

You're not accidentally clicking no to the popup window that shows after changing frequency to keep changes by any chance?

Solution
Aug 14, 2020
Hello!

I have recently bought a 144hz monitor and it has been a great experience! There's one problem I have right now... Everytime I try to change it -(in windows advanced screen settings)- it becomes a blackscreen and say "No signal", Then it changes back to 60hz and it just won't work!!! My CPU is a ryzen 5 2600x 3.60ghz and my GPU is a AMD sapphire nitro+ RX580 4GB. I would love some help because my eyes are kind of hurting whilst gaming. Thanks!
Hey i had the same problem but i was actually being a bit stupid. i was using the HDMI cable so i just used the displayport cable and it worked just fine. i`m too used to the HDMI so thats why i didnt even think about it. Good luck!