AOC Releases 27-inch "Borderless" IPS Monitor for $299

Status
Not open for further replies.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]lpedraja2002[/nom]Anyone else sad that you can't find 16:10 Monitors anymore?[/citation]

Dell has them and so does Samsung, HP, Viewsonic, Asus etc and you can find them at newegg and other retailers. I'm currently planing on selling my 1080p, get a second GPU and a 27" from Dell or the soon to be released Asus 27".

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Aw, I was looking forward to a monitor that had even thinner edges for mutli-monitor setups. Looking at the black bars while gaming is irritating for me.

linzerd

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Actually, the manufacturer page says that "the ultra-narrow bezel measures just 5.8mm", not 2mm as stated here.

themissingpiece

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Agh, the only I don't like is that it's 27" but not 1440p... Ah well, it's to keep the prices down, I guess. I hope there'll be a 22"/23" version.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Emperor Piehead[/nom]who else read borderless display for multi monitor and then was sad that there was no dvi?[/citation]
It's not a big deal - DVI>HDMI cables cost $5, and they're electrically compatible so there's no active conversion or potential loss of quality involved.

fudoka711

Distinguished
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]It's not a big deal - DVI>HDMI cables cost $5, and they're electrically compatible so there's no active conversion or potential loss of quality involved.[/citation]

Well, with my Asus 24" monitor, I noticed the colors were worse when using DVI as opposed to HDMI. But it really isn't a big deal like you said. I'm more sad about the lack of a Display port with this 27" monitor, which is better than the other two.

And I also wish it were at least 1200p, but for the price that Best Buy is offering - you really can't beat this sort of deal with any 27" monitor (Planaar is the only company that offers similar deals I think for 27" monitors).

kensingtron

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Toms! You should do a review on the 27" Catleap 2B with 1440p resolution IPS that overclocks to 120hz! This is the monitor WE the people (your people) want to see (we know you do to)!

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
[citation][nom]Kensingtron[/nom]Toms! You should do a review on the 27" Catleap 2B with 1440p resolution IPS that overclocks to 120hz! This is the monitor WE the people (your people) want to see (we know you do to)![/citation]

Yep I have two A panels from them the 2B rocks wasn't able to clock them up to 120hz though did get to like 115 close enough for me.

And if you want a review head over to http://hardforum.com and look for Vega's post. Or go on youtube and look for videos by CallsignVega he is such a beast!

BoredErica

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
[citation][nom]fudoka711[/nom]Well, with my Asus 24" monitor, I noticed the colors were worse when using DVI as opposed to HDMI. But it really isn't a big deal like you said. I'm more sad about the lack of a Display port with this 27" monitor, which is better than the other two.And I also wish it were at least 1200p, but for the price that Best Buy is offering - you really can't beat this sort of deal with any 27" monitor (Planaar is the only company that offers similar deals I think for 27" monitors).[/citation]
Then either your cord is flawed or your monitor is flawed.

And 2bs are way overpriced, go get a 120 PCB...

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Thin bezel monitors could be useful for single-large-surface (SLS) setups. Though this one may only be good for up to 3xlandscape setups, but for 3xportrait, 2x2landscape, 5xportrait, etc setups, the thick bottom bezel may get in the way.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
A triple monitor setup is the only one that would appeal to me personally, so a missing bezel on the sides is a must for me, but unfortunately they haven't quite sold enough of the old tech for the new tech to be rolled out yet - give it time - until then the only way to get a real bezelless setup is to correctly position multiple DLP projectors

Status
Not open for further replies.