AOC's Panoramic 21:9 34-inch IPS Monitor Priced Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Actually the LG 34UM95 is $999.00 at most stores. Some are selling it for 1399.00 so it is fairly clear they are taking advantage of early adopters. I would imagine we would see it for 899.99 in the next few months.

G-Sync would rock on it though. I am actually debating on the 34UM95 or the Asus ROG Swift with G-Sync.

The main then that has me leaning to the LG is the fact that it actually has a KVM built in and I am a PC and Mac user. Allows me to use 1 keyboard/Mouse with 2 systems on this one monitor. That combined with the screen real estate that I can use for work/play make it a better solution overall then going with the 2/3 Asus monitors.

Last thing is that currently G-Sync does not work with Nvidia Surround right now which is a huge disappointment for me.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Most European countries suffer under VAT, Carbon Credits, and forcing manufacturing in their country. This means we see close to 50% markup or no availability.
The main issue with this format is support. A lot of older games won't allow this screen resolution without editing. It also has the same vertical size as a 27". However, it would be pretty cool to play this as a 3 monitor setup.

Merry_Blind

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Classy! I really like the look of this monitor! It doesn't look lame and cheap, but it doesn't look like something from a sci-fi movie either!

Hope your designers are well paid AOC!

dgingeri

Distinguished
Nice! It'd be worth the US$850 at that size and resolution, especially adding the USB 3.0 hub. I hope it comes here to the US. I'd get one.

As for the guy complaining about the 25% VAT, that's your own fault for letting the government get too much power. They'll rob you blind as long as they aren't afraid of you. That's why we yankees have our second amendment.

B1ueW01f

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
Hmn that wide with no bend? Missing a trick there for the gaming market imo.

Not to get into politics but dont bash VAT, pays for a whole world of other benefits that the yanks get stung for from 'Big Corp'.

heydan

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
You Brits have it easy. Over here across the canal, we pay 25 % VAT

First world problem.... on third world countries we deal with even more taxes and we make less money, so this US$850 monitor will be like US$1000 here in Mexico, so yes... what a big problem you have.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i really want a 21:9 monitor but i have THREE RECOMMENDATIONS

1) bring out the displayport 1.2a for freesync capability. screw gsync.
2) make it CURVED. seriously, pc monitors are usually dedicated screens for one person, and when gamers usually set up their eyefinity/3d surround, its in a way that it curves around the user. there is NO REASON THESE MONITORS SHOULD NOT BE CURVED! it would be PERFECTTTTT
3)if by some magical way you can incorporate 120hz and blur reduction, this monitor would be THE MONITOR TO HAVE

ozicom

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
Well this is what i'm thinking that monitor manufacturers must do. "Make different products for computer users"
Most manufacturer think that we're like a TV consumer but we're not. Most of us didn't use Pivot monitor but most of manufacturers even think to make a pivot monitor or made a pivot monitor. Manufacturers like NEC make different products but others just copy what others made. Please be more creative. I'm waiting for a 3840x1080 monitor to buy when someone made :)

ozicom

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
I also want to add something. If this monitor can support PIP or can split the display area for different input it'll be great. I think i saw that split thing on a 4K monitor before but i'm not sure of that.

hardcore_player

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
34 Ultra-Wide’ monitors LG’s 34UM95 , Dell’s U3415W and AOC u3477Pqu
all have WQHD ..........gee... i wounder what's the recommended GPU to run any game on this at 60fps !!!! must be dual GTX 780ti in SLI ???

TesseractOrion

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2014
That's why we yankees have our second amendment.

And you're welcome to it, much good it does you LOL. But why Yanks have to bring their uninteresting rabble-rousing politics into every single bloody post I don't know *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.