AOC's U2870VQE 4K Monitor Available For Just $349

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibal

Distinguished
Well even display port 1.4 has been released, so 1.3 is old stuff... The real problem is to have some GPUs that can push pixels fast enough. The next year and 1x nm production technology with HBM2.0 may do the trick.
http://www.vesa.org/news/vesa-publishes-embedded-displayport-edp-standard-version-1-4a/

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
28 inches way too small for 4K. Phillips and a few other brands are starting to push out 40 inch monitors with DP and HDMI 2.0 on them thats perfect for 4K sitting 3-4 feet away from it.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
i dont know guys, someone with the mood to make some math could say that

a 27inch with 4k display could look the same as a 1080p with 4x Antialiasing? So if someone wanted to test one vs the other what gpu performance would you need to push the displays?

Dont forget Antialiasing was introduced/use so you won't feel you are seeing ugly lines and realising you are in a digital resolution. So why do many say that 4k is bad on 24 inches? isnt that what antialiasing was used for?

We pit graphic cards vs graphic cards and test them on 4x or even 8x Antialiasing of different AA methods, i am extremely curious to see native very hig resolutions fps performance vs 1080p Antialiased resolutions..

Dont you?

mforce2

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
After seeing how the image looks on my current 23 inch fullHD IPS monitor I'm never going back to TN ever again.
I couldn't care less if it's 4K and besides maybe 4K is a bit of an overkill , well for 23-24 inches anyway.

more precice, 4k wont become popular until at least a single gimped flagship video card can drive the 'then' current aaa popular near top graphically demanding game at 60fps on near ultra settings(no aa).

leeb2013

Honorable
MSRP pricing sits at $499, but AOC informed us that the monitor is listed at MicroCenter for the very attractive price of $349.

Which unfortunately means about 700AUD :-(

Anyone trying to use a beta OS and saying AMD OR NVIDIA has poor performance on certain cards are Foolish to Begin with and with several years of experience under his/hers Belt is a Fanboy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS