[SOLVED] Aorus B450 elite with Ryzen 5 1600

WeirdoWolf0106

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
The motherboard says its compatible with the CPU, however the BIOS are 3rd gen ready out of the box. Would this cause issues considering the BIOS installed are meant for 3rd gen and my CPU is 1st gen?

Solution
Thanks for the response. Alright I'll look into getting a b550 or x570. I wanna upgrade to a ryzen 5 3600 or one of the new ones coming out soon depending on price and performances. I only game so ryzen 5 is sufficient for me. I thought x570 board would be over kill for a ryzen 5 hence the b450 option i chose

That Asus X570-P is actually cheaper than many B550 boards and is pretty solid overall.

Even though some motherboards have the X570 chipset, some models perform horrible (worse than many B550 boards)... keep that in mind when you'll be buying.

Since you're upgrading to a Ryzen 3000 a B550/X570 board is a strong recommendation.
If you'll want to upgrade to a Ryzen 4000/5000 note that not all B450 boards will get a Beta...

Lutfij

Titan
It shouldn't since the lower tier processors were the ones that got(somewhat axed) from the support roster. In any case, why are you pairing something that old with a board like that, you should be looking at a Ryzen 5 2600 instead.

Save yourself the guess work and headache.

I have a ryzen 5 1600 in my current PC. I wanted to upgrade my motherboard then CPU when I can

Should actually work even on the latest BIOS... Gigabyte doesn't mention anything in their update notes (and as a matter of fact anywhere) related to dropping support for first gen ryzen.

The newer Beta BIOS versions that'll (maybe) be released after the launch of the Ryzen 4000/5000 CPU will probably drop support for first gen Ryzen CPUs, but we're not there yet.

That said I won't recommend buying the B450 Aorus Elite... has a poor VRM configuration and cooling. They get really hot if you ever intend to put a 95W TDP chip and overclock.

In my opinion you should just stay with your current motherboard until you can afford a Zen 2 or Zen 3 (Ryzen 3000 or 4000/5000) CPU and a decent B550/X570 motherboard.
My recommendations are the MSI B550 Tomahawk or, if you want to go cheaper, the Asus X570-P would be a solid choice too.

Last edited:

WeirdoWolf0106

Commendable
Aug 19, 2019
Should actually work even on the latest BIOS... Gigabyte doesn't mention anything in their update notes (and as a matter of fact anywhere) related to dropping support for first gen ryzen.

The newer Beta BIOS versions that'll (maybe) be released after the launch of the Ryzen 4000/5000 CPU will probably drop support for first gen Ryzen CPUs, but we're not there yet.

That said I won't recommend buying the B450 Aorus Elite... has a poor VRM configuration and cooling. They get really hot if you ever intend to put a 95W TDP chip and overclock.

In my opinion you should just stay with your current motherboard until you can afford a Zen 2 or Zen 3 (Ryzen 3000 or 4000/5000) CPU and a decent B550/X570 motherboard.
My recommendations are the MSI B550 Tomahawk or, if you want to go cheaper, the Asus X570-P would be a solid choice too.
Thanks for the response. Alright I'll look into getting a b550 or x570. I wanna upgrade to a ryzen 5 3600 or one of the new ones coming out soon depending on price and performances. I only game so ryzen 5 is sufficient for me. I thought x570 board would be over kill for a ryzen 5 hence the b450 option i chose

That Asus X570-P is actually cheaper than many B550 boards and is pretty solid overall.

Even though some motherboards have the X570 chipset, some models perform horrible (worse than many B550 boards)... keep that in mind when you'll be buying.

Since you're upgrading to a Ryzen 3000 a B550/X570 board is a strong recommendation.
If you'll want to upgrade to a Ryzen 4000/5000 note that not all B450 boards will get a Beta BIOS update to support them... it'll be a manufacturer decision. That's why a B550 or X570 is advisable.

Last edited:
Solution