[SOLVED] Aorus b450 m2 2280 moving supports in the first slot

May 2, 2022
Good evening to everyone
Ive run into a problem instaling my sumsung 980 pro m2 ssd,apparently the second slot that is made for the 2280 length does not accept the drive and it does not show in bios.
After some digging i found out that i need to move it to the first m2 slot right under the GPU, the problem is that the length is made for a 22100 m2
Can i move the support pin to get it to the 2280 length? or do i need to add an extra pin?
The original pins dont seem to unscrew so im worried i might break something

Solution
Can i move the support pin to get it to the 2280 length?
If the standoff is preinstalled at 110 length then you should move it
or do i need to add an extra pin?
That is also possible option.
It should unscrew. Standoffs used by this mobo are regular ones. Note that it can be screwed pretty tight so it may take considerable force (and correct tool in first place) to unscrew it.
apparently the second slot that is made for the 2280 length does not accept the drive and it does not show in bios.
Lower slot accepts only PCIe drives and not SATA drives. The fun fact is that it only offers two lanes for the drive (instead of four) so...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Gigabyte have a number of B450 chipset boards, can you parse a link to the board you're using? Please include the processor/APU you've paired with that motherboard. It'd help us if we can see what you're seeing with a wiggly/wobbly mount for the M.2 SSD.

Can i move the support pin to get it to the 2280 length?
If the standoff is preinstalled at 110 length then you should move it
or do i need to add an extra pin?
That is also possible option.
It should unscrew. Standoffs used by this mobo are regular ones. Note that it can be screwed pretty tight so it may take considerable force (and correct tool in first place) to unscrew it.
apparently the second slot that is made for the 2280 length does not accept the drive and it does not show in bios.
Lower slot accepts only PCIe drives and not SATA drives. The fun fact is that it only offers two lanes for the drive (instead of four) so that slot is basically useless (unless you don't mind serious performance drop).

Solution