[SOLVED] Aorus B450 Pro WIFI bios update to F61a

May 4, 2021
Hi,

My motherboard is Aorus B450 Pro WIFI.
If i update my BIOS to F61a will it still run my processor Ryzen 3 3200g?

Colif

Win 11 Master
While some makers have bios that won't let you update older CPU, from what I have seen Gigabyte just adds support, doesn't take away.

I did look to make sure :)

I have a Aorus X570 Elite WIFI, I sort of guessed it was the same situation as mine.
It would say if you couldn't.

May 4, 2021
While some makers have bios that won't let you update older CPU, from what I have seen Gigabyte just adds support, doesn't take away.

I did look to make sure :)

I have a Aorus X570 Elite WIFI, I sort of guessed it was the same situation as mine.
It would say if you couldn't.
One more question if you don't mind. if my bios version is something like F1. Can i upgrade straight to F61a? or i need to install other bios version first?

Colif

Win 11 Master
One more question if you don't mind. if my bios version is something like F1. Can i upgrade straight to F61a? or i need to install other bios version first?
no, its not that simple.
as per notes in F40
1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40

So order is F32
Then F40
Then jump to latest

Also, do you ever plan on using more than 2 sticks on motherboard?
If you do: Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU
The update tool is in the bios package (I have seen this before)
If you only plan on using 2 sticks of ram, you can skip this point.

May 4, 2021
no, its not that simple.
as per notes in F40
1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40

So order is F32
Then F40
Then jump to latest

Also, do you ever plan on using more than 2 sticks on motherboard?
If you do: Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU
The update tool is in the bios package (I have seen this before)
If you only plan on using 2 sticks of ram, you can skip this point.
thank you so much !