[SOLVED] Aorus B450 Pro WIFI Concerns

Rivvy123

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
Hello, just posting this here as I need some help regarding my new Aorus B450 Pro WIFI. I bought it from Amazon but when I set it all up with my new Ryzen 5 3600 it did not work. I read online on multiple places that this was because the BIOS was outdated, luckily I had an older Ryzen in my house so I used that and it worked. I then updated the BIOS to version F61C and now it won't boot at all with either of the CPUs. All the fans spin and all the lights except from the motherboard light switch on and I cannot turn the computer off from the power button.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sorry for any grammar mistakes, using mobile.

Solution
Without knowing what BIOS you were on originally and what steps you might of missed out when updating to the latest, unfortunately you may have bricked your board. Wait for someone else more experienced to advise you further as they may have a better solution.
Having said that, Ive just looked up your motherboard and there are alot of prerequisites when you update the BIOS, (ie, it says
Note:
Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 description. etc'' Did you follow all the instructions when you updated it or did you jump straight to the newest BIOS?

Rivvy123

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
No I did not see them when I first had a look, I followed the guidance that is on their website and in the user's manual but didn't see any specific instructions for the version I installed.

Would you mind sending me a link?

Rivvy123

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
Having said that, Ive just looked up your motherboard and there are alot of prerequisites when you update the BIOS, (ie, it says
Note:
Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 description. etc'' Did you follow all the instructions when you updated it or did you jump straight to the newest BIOS?
Okay I just had a look at the website but cannot find where you are referencing. Are you able to send me a link to directly where it instructs you to do this as it is not present on the page in which you download the BIOS updates. Thank you.

Rivvy123

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
Okay I just had a look at the website but cannot find where you are referencing. Are you able to send me a link to directly where it instructs you to do this as it is not present on the page in which you download the BIOS updates. Thank you.
Nevermind! Found it. I updated to a version that does not have this note as a part of it.

Rivvy123

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
It's just where it says from the BIOS version F41 there's some 'Notes' in red. What was your BIOS version before you update it?

B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.x) Gallery | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

this is your motherboard, right?
No that is not the exact one, I probably should of linked it in my original post as the difference in these names is just ridiculous.

Here's the link to my motherboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Not too sure what the version was before I updated, I remember checking but can't remember if I saved it somewhere or not.

Reactions: kurdtnz

Rivvy123

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
Try CMOS reset, power off your system, take the battery out for 10mins, reinsert and try to power it on again.
Just got home, tried doing clearing the CMOS using the clear CMOS jumper but that changed nothing.

Would you still recommend removing the battery and then putting it back in? This is covered by a heat sink so I would have to remove everything and then remove the motherboard from the case before being able to take off the heat sink to remove the battery.

Without knowing what BIOS you were on originally and what steps you might of missed out when updating to the latest, unfortunately you may have bricked your board. Wait for someone else more experienced to advise you further as they may have a better solution.

Reactions: Rivvy123
Solution