Question Aorus B450 Pro Wifi randomly takes forever to boot (stuck in splash screen for 3 mins)

Jan 9, 2021
Fairly new pc. About 6 weeks old now. I'm having this random issue that occurs and cant be replicated. When I first turn the pc on, and there's a white dash. If this dash appears for more than 5 secs the boot is going to take forever. The splash screen with the aorus logo appears to be stuck for like 3 mins and only afterwards windows start to load. I cant replicate this problem and it happens randomly. This has been happening at least about 3 times a week for the past 4 weeks.

If this doesnt happen boot usually takes like 5-10 seconds only. (Havent really timed it) Now I get anxious every time I turn on the PC. My computer has been running smoothly with no issue. Just this boot thing. And even when the issue occurs, once windows load there's no lag/issue.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 xt
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
GIgabyte 1660 super
Gigabyte 3200 Mhz 16gb (2x8gb)
XPG sc6000 m.2 ssd
Seagate 1tb hdd

Jan 9, 2021
means pc is waiting for some bit of hardware to respond before it can move on'
Try running this on hdd - https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-win-master/ as hdd most likely cause of slow boots.

Its very possible. My D: drive (HDD) was unavailable on two occasions and I had to make sure my SATA connections were secured. But I ran your test and nothing came up so far. Could it also be possible the GPU is lose? However I've never had any issues with my GPU.

Colif

Win 11 Master
There should be a way to see what PC is doing at boot, i just can't think of the word right now. to change flash screen.
i found this but i don't know if its what i was after, it might just speed up boot process -
Full Screen LOGO Show
Allows you to determine whether to display the GIGABYTE Logo at system startup. Disabled skips the GIGABYTE Logo when the system starts up. (Default: Enabled)
shame motherboard doesn't have any debug lights, i looked already

try running this on ssd - https://www.adata.com/en/ss/software-6/

I need to remember to set up fast boot on my pc. boot takes too long (15 seconds, most of that staring at flash screen). I have an X570 Pro Wifi, our boards aren't that different (especially the bios)

Jan 9, 2021
shame motherboard doesn't have any debug lights, i looked already
Apparently b450 has debug lights. I never knew what they were. After reading your reply yesterday, i did some research and located it. This morning it happened again and the light was on VGA for quite a while before starting windows. Does that mean its a faulty GPU?

Colif

Win 11 Master
seems I am blind.

After a few weeks of troubleshooting, I had the idea that this might be a drivers issue instead of a hardware issue. I finally fixed the issue and the past couple of days, the PC has been booting up normally with no issues at all. I concluded that this might be related to a driver problem since I was getting weird crashes during normal use.

The way I solved this issue was to go online and download DDU, which is the display drivers uninstaller to ensure that I remove all instances of drivers, so old drivers can't interfere with newly installed ones (I read it could cause problems similar to mine). Here are the steps I took afterward:

1. Turn off WIFI
  2. Launch DDU in Safe Mode (following instructions on their website)
  3. Reinstall Chipset drivers
  4. Reinstall graphics drivers (w/ factory reset option)
  5. Turn WIFI back on
Note: All these steps were for my AMD system and I am unsure if it will work for intel systems

These are the steps that allowed me to fix this issue. Steps 3 and 4 were done in that order because, I initially only reinstalled graphics drivers but my issue was still present. I don't know why it works in that order, but I'm happy that my issue is finally fixed. Hope this helps anyone else that might experience this issue.

see if that helps

TRENDING THREADS