Question Aorus bench test question

Rick_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
This is a long explanation. I am not able to successfully bench test. That is, testing outside of my case. I found this out trying to bench test an Aorus X570 Ultra, Rev 1, which I bought as an open box, with eBay's guarantee. I couldn't get it to boot in bench test, but the flash bios update fziled, with the led not lighting at all, and my USB drive only flashing for a few seconds. It wouldn't boot with my Ryzen 5600, on the bench test. I didn't know if it was a bios problem or not, so I set up my working Aorus B550 Pro v2, and I can't get it to boot in bench test either, so it has to what I'm doing or not doing to bench test. What I've done is to put the motherboard on top of the box.
Put 1 and 2 sticks of memory in.
Attach the 24 pin and 8 pin power supply cables, to my working 750w PSU.
Jump the power pins.
No booting with either one, but the RGB motherboard lights up.

i cant figure out what I am missing. I’m doing everything that I’ve seen on two videos. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Rick_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
I am closing this question since the BIOS update failed as well, I miswrote about it. It didn't work and somehow, I wrote the wrong word to describe it, but I missed that in my review. I am in the process of returning it for a full refund. My apologies to all who tried to help me here.