[SOLVED] Aorus FI25F HDR not allowing to edit color settings ?

May 3, 2021
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a new Aorus FI25F 240hz HDR monitor. The issue I am having is that, whenever I enable HDR, it turns off all my picture edit settings and I am unable to edit any picture settings except brightness. All picture settings including sharpness, contrast, color etc. are grayed out. I am using a Display Port cable with 240hz refresh rate.

What I have tried so far:

1. Changed cables (issue persisted)
  2. Tried PS5's HDR (still the same issue. Picture settings gets disabled except for brightness)
  3. Switched to HDMI (issue persisted)
  4. Tried changing nvidia settings (issue persisted)
  5. Tried lowering the refresh rate (issue persisted)
Some help would greatly be appreciated.

Solution
Nothing wrong with your monitor.

Since HDR requires pre-defined colour settings, it's stands to reason that some manual adjustments will be greyed out.

If you were able to change the colour & contrast setting in HDR mode, the display would no longer be true HDR.

You'll have to decide if you want to use the HDR setting, or set the colours & contrast manually --- you can't have both simultaneously.
Nothing wrong with your monitor.

Since HDR requires pre-defined colour settings, it's stands to reason that some manual adjustments will be greyed out.

If you were able to change the colour & contrast setting in HDR mode, the display would no longer be true HDR.

You'll have to decide if you want to use the HDR setting, or set the colours & contrast manually --- you can't have both simultaneously.

Solution