Question AORUS FI32Q SETTINGS

Mechanicos

Reputable
Apr 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

I just bought the Aorus FI32Q, do you guys have any suggestions on settings and drivers and firmwares? Are there regular updates for these monitors?

You don't really need drivers or firmware updates for monitors. Especially firmware updates unless it's to address a problem you're actually having (like the flicker issue in some of Samsung's monitors while using FreeSync) If it works fine to the best of your knowledge and experience, you don't need to install or update anything.

As far as settings go, if it's for color calibration or whatnot, that requires a specialized tool. But if you really want to, you could try eye balling it using this website: https://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Mechanicos

Reputable
Apr 4, 2020
I was going through the manual and read that the HDR mode can only be used with the HDMI input. is it a bad thing that i cannot use DP?What do you guys suggest? Shall i use a DP from my PC to HDMI to my monitor? It has HDMI 2.0

I was going through the manual and read that the HDR mode can only be used with the HDMI input. is it a bad thing that i cannot use DP?What do you guys suggest? Shall i use a DP from my PC to HDMI to my monitor? It has HDMI 2.0
Not necessarily. HDR is not really that important to have unless you have lots of HDR content already lined up. And while Auto HDR is a thing on Windows 11, the results are sort of mixed.