Question Aorus Geforce RTX 2080 TI

Jul 23, 2024
First Time Post.
Hi Guys I am having a problem with my Graphics Card, it boots ok, the fans an lights come on,
but the monitor stay blank "there is no signal".
I have asked around on line but I cant understand half of what's being said.
My M/B boots ok code A0 so no problem there.
Renew my motherboard recently
Win 10
CPU intel 9.900K = water cooled
M/B is a Aorus Z390 Master
32gbs Ram Lexor 2 strips of 16
M.2 installed in motherboard = C drive
I have another m.2 for storage both are 1000gb
I have an additional 2 hard drives in a saddle storage for my Pics
I have a Coolmaster PSU V850.

Anyone put some light onto this problem would very much appreciate your advice.

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Can you confirm if this is a new issue? Was the gpu working previously or have you bought a second hand card that isn't working?

You mentioned you renewed your motherboard recently. Can you confirm why? Was the 2080ti used with the previous motherboard.

Can you get a signal if you plug into the motherboard and use the integrated graphics from the cpu?

How old is the PSU?

Jul 23, 2024
Hi thank for your time.
It has been happening for about 8mths, this is part of the reason I bought another M/B, also my motherboard
was old, on my old motherboard it would boot up as norm, but when ever windows kicked in the fans would stop
this never happened before, signal to the monitor most of the time was good, on the times it wasn't a reboot
did the trick.
I installed the m/b all was good, used the onboard graphic to check all was ok.
Installed the 2080 ti and on boot up the fans work all lights are on, then window kicked in, fans went of, but most of the time
it would work with monitor, now however it's dead.
The PSU is about 5 to 7 yeas old, I am thinking of renewing it.
CPU about the same as the PSU, its water cooled I edit allot of pictures, CPU goes up to about 34c, it has a huge radiator with 4x140 fans however again it's old,
never so far had a rise in temp above 38c, it not used to game.
I hope this helps thanx
PS I had to use another fan to cool the gpu, it either was off or max, and it stayed max until you reboot.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi thank for your time.
It has been happening for about 8mths, this is part of the reason I bought another M/B, also my motherboard
was old, on my old motherboard it would boot up as norm, but when ever windows kicked in the fans would stop
this never happened before, signal to the monitor most of the time was good, on the times it wasn't a reboot
did the trick.
I installed the m/b all was good, used the onboard graphic to check all was ok.
Installed the 2080 ti and on boot up the fans work all lights are on, then window kicked in, fans went of, but most of the time
it would work with monitor, now however it's dead.
The PSU is about 5 to 7 yeas old, I am thinking of renewing it.
CPU about the same as the PSU, its water cooled I edit allot of pictures, CPU goes up to about 34c, it has a huge radiator with 4x140 fans however again it's old,
never so far had a rise in temp above 38c, it not used to game.
I hope this helps thanx
PS I had to use another fan to cool the gpu, it either was off or max, and it stayed max until you reboot.
The fans turning off is normal. They turn off and turn back on when the card gets to a set temperature.
Try a different monitor or try using the motherboard graphics.
Try a different cable or different port on the card.

If you can try a different video card in your PC or try your card in anouther PC.

Jul 23, 2024
I was thinking about buying the 4070, but thought of running this by you guys first
the fans didn't start up until it's in the danger zone then even if it cools down it stick in max fan speed.
I have 2 monitors, it doesn't work with either.
I have a mini pc for messing around online, but I don't think there is any use in that.
I have no one to give the card to so they could chk it out.
I asked in face book if there is any one who can have a look, paying, but nothing.