Question Aorus pro bios update

Aug 28, 2019
Hey! Was building my pc yesterday when I realized my aorus pro b450 doesn’t support my ryzen 5 3600. I was told I needed to update my bios, since I only got one cpu I called som IT guys that could help me out.

My questions is:
  1. is there an available bios update for my mobo that will support my cpu?
  2. what will I need to bring with me to the IT guys?
  3. how is the procedure done?

Thanks for all the help I can get.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

is there an available bios update for my mobo that will support my cpu?
Yes the B450 Aorus can take the 3600 once at least BIOS F40 is installed.

what will I need to bring with me to the IT guys?
Your whole PC really.
Technically all they would need is your motherboard as they'll likely plug in their own components. But it isn't a long process.

how is the procedure done?
As above, not a long process.
They plug in a previous generation CPU that is compatible.
Download the BIOS file.
Install it in the BIOS
5/10 minutes maybe - done.

In a way no different than installing a program on windows, but they're doing it in the BIOS, and they're effectively flashing over the current BIOS.

Aug 28, 2019
Thanks and thanks for you fast and good answer!

I went to 4 different IT places in town, 3 of them could not fix it and 1 place I had to wait 3 or 4 days.

So I decided to buy another cpu (which I later can return again) and do it myself. Took a while but managed to update the bios and I could now use my other CPU again. But once powered on it just said there were some problems with the disk over and over again (idk why) and then it stopped working again. I put back the cheap cpu again and weird enough the bios had changed back to F2 from F40. Not quite sure why

I’m a little unsure what to do next

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks and thanks for you fast and good answer!

I went to 4 different IT places in town, 3 of them could not fix it and 1 place I had to wait 3 or 4 days.

So I decided to buy another cpu (which I later can return again) and do it myself. Took a while but managed to update the bios and I could now use my other CPU again. But once powered on it just said there were some problems with the disk over and over again (idk why) and then it stopped working again. I put back the cheap cpu again and weird enough the bios had changed back to F2 from F40. Not quite sure why

I’m a little unsure what to do next
Are you clean installing Windows onto your disk drive when you made the changes? If not, you should.

Aug 28, 2019
Thats some fast answering, much appreciated.
I did it before I started updating the bios but should I also do it Before or after I swap for the new cpu after I done the changes?