Question Aorus [ Smart Backup ] - backup loop

Jessy2001James

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
Hi there,

I had some issues with my pc and got multiple suggestions to reinstall Windows 10. Trying to prepare for the reinstall, I wanted to make a backup using the software from Aorus ( smart back-up ), though it's been about 20 hours and it looks like it had been looping between my two drives displaying the same text for each drive. Refer to images below

View: https://imgur.com/QVF5zVE

View: https://imgur.com/kYLDZ7j

Do I just stop the backup, or is it supposed to close automatically after some time?

Maybe you can help me with this, it's been the first real time I tried to manually do a back up so it's still unknown to me.

Thanks!

Jessy2001James

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
That's the first mention of that backup tool I have seen on this forum.

Are you locked into using it for some reason?

Hi Lafong,

I am not entirely sure what you mean by "locked into using it".

I installed the software from the tools section when I was installing drivers for my motherboard, further it also made a backup of my pc every month that I didnt even know of so Im just using whats available at the moment!

Hi Lafong,

I am not entirely sure what you mean by "locked into using it".

I mean are you unwilling to use anything else?

Is your intent to back up EVERYTHING on the drive? What exactly are you trying to do? Back up what? Your pictures? Your Windows installation only? 2 out of 3 partitions?

I frankly had never even heard of this application, so I don't know what it can or cannot do or how well it might work.

You might be the foremost authority on it around here as it appears to be largely unknown here.

Jessy2001James

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
I mean are you unwilling to use anything else?

Is your intent to back up EVERYTHING on the drive?

I frankly had never even heard of this application, so I don't know what it can or cannot do or how well it might work.

You might be the foremost authority on it around here as it appears to be largely unknown here.

Ah like that,

I wouldnt say unwilling but I'd rather use this software as it already used 900gb of back up data stored on it, if it doesnt work out Im probably gonna have to use a different software / method. Ill have to reinstall the games, but the important files, images and videos I would like to have saved ofcourse.

I understand what you're saying though, hard to give advice if you've never heard of the application.

Ah like that,

I wouldnt say unwilling but I'd rather use this software as it already used 900gb of back up data stored on it, if it doesnt work out Im probably gonna have to use a different software / method. Ill have to reinstall the games, but the important files, images and videos I would like to have saved ofcourse.

I understand what you're saying though, hard to give advice if you've never heard of the application.

Is it an "imaging" application?

Do you know what is inside that 900 GB backup?

How would you know if it "worked"?

Have you ever done a restore process using it? That can be quite confusing, so I'd hope you have some familiarity with it......rather than waiting until you are in a jam of some type and need to make use of the backup.

Jessy2001James

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
Is it an "imaging" application?

Do you know what is inside that 900 GB backup?

How would you know if it "worked"?

Have you ever done a restore process using it? That can be quite confusing, so I'd hope you have some familiarity with it......rather than waiting until you are in a jam of some type and need to make use of the backup.

Does not specifically say if its an imaging application.

As I said, Im new to back ups in general so Im doing research as we speak.

Does not specifically say if its an imaging application.

As I said, Im new to back ups in general so Im doing research as we speak.

All you can do is pound on the help file or hope to find others who have actually used it.

People here are seriously into backups......but not with that application.

It's no good to just know how to make a backup....it is totally worthless if you don't know the fine points of taking advantage of that backup by restoration of some type.

Pretend your hard drive died 5 minutes ago. What are you going to do? I'd hope you can practice that procedure...whatever it is.

Jessy2001James

Reputable
Nov 4, 2020
All you can do is pound on the help file or hope to find others who have actually used it.

People here are seriously into backups......but not with that application.

It's no good to just know how to make a backup....it is totally worthless if you don't know the fine points of taking advantage of that backup by restoration of some type.

Pretend your hard drive died 5 minutes ago. What are you going to do? I'd hope you can practice that procedure...whatever it is.

I see, well thank you Lafong.

Hope Ill find someone that has used the software before, if not Ill refer to existing posts about other software.

Apreciate the help!