Question AORUS WATERFORCE X 240 !VRM,CPU,GHZ! PROBLEMS

Jan 6, 2022
Hello,

I bought new components for my PC,but my WaterCooler is not working 100%

After i install the new cooler and start my pc, motherboard says:

"cpu fan speed detection error!
Please ensure your cooler is properly connected to the CPU_FAN header.
Consider dropping "CPU Fan speed lower limit"

or simply set if to "ignore" in BIOS if problem persists."

So after this info i accessed BIOS and i set ignore , worked.
After that i installed windows 11/MotherBoard Software, AORUS ENGINE 2.1.0 and RGBFusion 2.0 (Cooler Software).

But the problems persist, those are:

WaterCooler Display shows VRM, CPU temp at 00 Celcius and 0.0 Ghz CPU.
RGB Fusion 2.0 program doesnt work properly, i cant change the FANs color.

Could be the Firmware, mine is 1.1 and gigabyte website have 1.6 but i need to [Moderator edit to remove profanity.] buy a microSD + Reader and i dont know if will fix this issues or not.
Anyone with the same problems ?
any solution ?

Thanks.

PC SPECS:

ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI
INTEL CORE i7 12700k
RAM DDR5 KINGSTON 5200MHZ
AORUS WATERFORCE X 240
MSI GAMING TRIO 2080 TI
SSD 500GB SAMSUNG
POWERSUPLY RM CORSAIR 850W
CASE NZXT H500i

BR,

CZAR91

Last edited by a moderator:

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I note the manual for that cooler system shows NO connection from either the pump or the fans to the mobo CPU_FAN header. The fans are supplied with both fan motor and lighting power from cable attached to the rad. I have to presume that power and control for those are fed to the rad cables via wiring built into the rad hoses.

At the PUMP unit, there are TWO cables to connect. One is to a SATA power output from the PSU for AIO system power. The other is a cable to a mobo USB2 header. THIS is how the software used by that system can communicaate with the pump, lights and fans. That cable MUST be installed. In fact, it MIGHT need to be installed BEFORE the TWO software tools are installed. You do need both the AORUS Engine and RGB Fusion 2.0 software installed and running. Those tools are how you can control the pump, rad fans and lights, and observe the speeds of these devices, so you MUST have the USB2 cable installed for that to work.

Jan 6, 2022
I note the manual for that cooler system shows NO connection from either the pump or the fans to the mobo CPU_FAN header. The fans are supplied with both fan motor and lighting power from cable attached to the rad. I have to presume that power and control for those are fed to the rad cables via wiring built into the rad hoses.

At the PUMP unit, there are TWO cables to connect. One is to a SATA power output from the PSU for AIO system power. The other is a cable to a mobo USB2 header. THIS is how the software used by that system can communicaate with the pump, lights and fans. That cable MUST be installed. In fact, it MIGHT need to be installed BEFORE the TWO software tools are installed. You do need both the AORUS Engine and RGB Fusion 2.0 software installed and running. Those tools are how you can control the pump, rad fans and lights, and observe the speeds of these devices, so you MUST have the USB2 cable installed for that to work.
I have both cables installed and after that i installed the software, software recognize rpm fans, rpm pump, cpu model name, cpu threads, liquid temp. But dont recognize CPU temp, CPU Ghz and VRM Temp , in the display.

Sry for my english, is not my native language.

Last edited: