curt

Has anyone here had any experience, good or bad, with this brand of memory?
I'm putting a box together with a Asus P4S8X-X board and a P4 2.0GHZ cpu.
I've looked on the Asus and Apacer sites, and have also googled without
finding compatibility information. Any help is much appreciated.

--
Curt.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 05:09:14 GMT, "Curt" <no-no@notime.com> wrote:

>Has anyone here had any experience, good or bad, with this brand of memory?
>I'm putting a box together with a Asus P4S8X-X board and a P4 2.0GHZ cpu.
>I've looked on the Asus and Apacer sites, and have also googled without
>finding compatibility information. Any help is much appreciated.

They're a company that puts together a ram stick with decent chips and
a "generic" circuit board. I've seen them use Infineon chips in the
past. I've got two 256M sticks in an old BX box and they've worked
fine although they're cas 3 spd.

Probably not any "better" than anything else. Should work though at
standard speeds.

wrote:

>Has anyone here had any experience, good or bad, with this brand of memory?
>I'm putting a box together with a Asus P4S8X-X board and a P4 2.0GHZ cpu.
>I've looked on the Asus and Apacer sites, and have also googled without
>finding compatibility information. Any help is much appreciated.

I've a PC2700 512MB module in an nForce2 board, tests stable
slightly beyond 200MHz (DDR400) running alongside a 2nd module
(the make of 2nd module escapes me at the moment). It has
Infineon chips at CAS3, not cutting edge performance as the
module was SPD programmed to CAS3 at PC2700 speed also, but I
suppose it's a positive attribute that it runs PC3200 at same
speed anyway... mine is around a year old, IIRC, so it's not
directly comparable to whatever you'd find today. Newegg.com has
user feedback where you might get more insight on which boards
(or at least chipsets) are running OK with it, and perhaps the
chips and CAS rating of the modules being shipped most recently.

IMHO, it's about on par with Kingston Valueram, but I'm assuming
Apacer only makes one "quality" grade per PC(nnnn) speed, at
least I don't recall multiple grades per speed.

curt

Thanks to kony and ??. I appreciate your input. I'm watching a 512mb stick
of pc2100 on eBay that's going for $20 at the moment, but the auction has
3-1/2 days to run....wish me luck.

Curt.

20 bucks HA HA, prepare to be scammed, maybe 350 bucks ?

By the time it finishes he he.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:16:42 GMT, "Curt" <no-no@no-time.com> wrote:

>Thanks to kony and ??. I appreciate your input. I'm watching a 512mb stick
>of pc2100 on eBay that's going for $20 at the moment, but the auction has
>3-1/2 days to run....wish me luck.
>
>Curt.

curt

Nope!!! I won't be scammed. $50 bucks is my limit.

--
Curt.

Curt wrote:

> Nope!!! I won't be scammed. $50 bucks is my limit.

Yeah. Why the other poster thinks what an ending bid ends up as is somehow
a 'scam' I don't know.

But the point is, what 'price' something 'appears' to be at with 3 days
left means absolutely nothing other than people haven't started any serious
bidding yet, so don't get your hopes up.

As a side rant, that's why I despise what I consider to be bogus 'price
search' pages that puke Ebay listings. "3.2 Gig P4 ... $1" An absolute
WASTE of time.