APC Issues Statement In Response To Our Power Strip Teardown

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
APC stands up, confronts the criticism, and takes steps to show they're better than that. That's a winning attitude. They'll continue to succeed.

Gigabyte takes recent criticism of their product in a recent review and threatens to not participate in THG reviews again. That's a loser attitude. I guess we know who will be losing sales in the future.

Wayne Anderson

Reputable
Aug 19, 2014
I will say that I have owned tens of power surge suppression and backup products personally, as well as designed and installed systems that have included hundreds of them over my career. Having worked with a number of OEMs that white-label from other sources, as well as the brand name APC products, APC has earned my confidence through lower fault and replacement rates over the years.

melvis72

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Nice to see APC respond with a letter which addressed everything clean and clearly. I am also a user of their product and only had to contact them on one small issue, they sent out a replacement but the only issues was the item was out of stock at the time but they kept me up to date every week till the item shipped.

coolestcarl

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Dear Mr Cambell,

I thank you for your honesty and clarity in your response. I have always held APC products in high regard and was dismayed by the results of the teardown. However, you have demonstrated good judgement and restored my faith that a company like APC have the integrity, leadership and management qualities to address shortcomings when identified.

Thank you once again for sincerely addressing the legitimate concerns of your customers.

uberpain

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014
I will only buy APC now. That takes serious guts for a company to write a response in that level of detail and so candidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.