[SOLVED] App to remmember state of taskbar applications after restart.

6k38

Prominent
Jun 28, 2021
Is there an app to remember the state of taskbar applications after a restart?

For instance when i restart and open my Firefox windows, they get misplaced, and i have to arrange the order i like every single time...

It would be nice to save explorer windows etc as well.

Ralston18

Titan
Consider:

Before upgrading to Windows 11, if you chose to do so, be sure that all important data is backed up off system at least 2 x and proven to be recoverable and readable.

Windows 11 is not ready for general use and your hardware may not even support the installation.

Consider Windows 11 as "experimental" and subject to many changes: intended or otherwise.

= = = =

What are the current Tasbar settings? (Right click an open area of the Taskbar.)

6k38

Prominent
Jun 28, 2021
Consider:

Before upgrading to Windows 11, if you chose to do so, be sure that all important data is backed up off system at least 2 x and proven to be recoverable and readable.

Windows 11 is not ready for general use and your hardware may not even support the installation.

Consider Windows 11 as "experimental" and subject to many changes: intended or otherwise.

= = = =

What are the current Tasbar settings? (Right click an open area of the Taskbar.)

Yes i read about it and it's too early to upgrade yet.

Taskbar settings: https://prnt.sc/18a2ikx

Ralston18

Titan
Have the sense that I have gone "off track" in some manner.

Just to verify my understanding: the icons on the Task bar rearrange themselves from your arrangement to some other arrangement.

Are those icons various Firefox/website tabs? Or likewise Windows Edge/Explorer tabs?

Is there a pattern to the rearrangements? E.g. alphabetical, order of last use, etc.?

Check the Lock screen and the links show via Notification Area.

Overall, peruse everything to ensure that all configuration setting are as required or expected.