App Window Size vs. Monitor Resolution Problem

DocPit

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I run a Dell M7710 with a 4K display. Attached are a Wacom Cintiq 21UX (1600x1200) and a Dell U2713H (2560x1440). When I was running Win7 Pro, any app that I called adjusted itself to the monitor resolution, So, e.g., any app would occupy its smallest space on the highest resolution monitor, the M7710. When I upgraded to Win10 Pro. I found that apps do not adjust to monitor resolution. In most cases, that's actually a good thing. However, it is problematic with Photoshop CS6, which I use constantly. There has always been a problem with the PS UI showing extremely small icons and text on a 4K screen, even with the "large text" option implemented in the software setttings. However, with Win 7, when I moved PS onto the Cintiq (1600x1200), the interface was readable. Win Win10, text and icons are equally unreadable (tiny) on any monitor. Is there any way to fix this?

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
I don’t know if this is exactly your issue but it was for me on a high DPI display under Win10. Photoshop reports it’s self as High DPI aware but is in fact not. So I had to force it to not report the DPI aware flag. I don’t know how much you would be willing to dig into this as it requires setting a registry value to preference external manifest files and then creating one for Photoshop. (I had to do this for my CS5.5 sweet)

I followed this guide: http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

DocPit

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009

DocPit

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Thanks very much for the response. I had tried that, and I tried it again. I read that it doesn't work all the time. Unfortunately, I'm one of the folks for whom it doesn't work. But thanks, again.