Apple patents VESA mount
Apple sues Samsung for a million trillion dollars
Apple claims VESA mount is obsolete
Apple removes VESA mount
Apple hailed as visionary

slomjh2

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
Older iMacs had the option of mounting a VESA adapter plate, which would give you the ability to use any VESA standard mounting. I have one set up for my daughter with a 27" iMac she got in December of 2011.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
"The Flat Display Mounting Interface (FDMI), also known as VESA Mounting Interface Standard (MIS) or colloquially as VESA mount, is a family of standards defined by the Video Electronics Standards Association for mounting flat panel monitors, TVs, and other displays to stands or wall mounts.[1] It is implemented on most modern flat-panel monitors and TVs.

Apart from mounting the monitor, it can be used to attach a small enough PC to it.

The first standard in this family was introduced in 1997 and was originally called Flat Panel Monitor Physical Mounting Interface (FPMPMI), it corresponds to part D of the current standard."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Display_Mounting_Interface

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
"Moreover, this means that users will not be able to switch between a swivel foot and a VESA mount without buying a new iMac."

not surprising coming from Apple...

broken cable? buy it from Apple for low low price of $99.99!!

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
If I read it right, you get the adapter on the back of the monitor, where you can then use a stand, or a wall mount, but neither are included with the purchase of the system? That sucks...

Also, quasi-related, I've noticed that Zak Islam is no longer posting Apple news articles. Is this just a coincidence, or did Tom's finally give him the boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS