Apple Admits Defect with Some iPhone 5s Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
what does this have to do with battery life???

"Apple's iPhone 5S has a 1560 mAh battery, while the iPhone 5 has a 1440 mAh battery. The iPhone 5S also packs Apple's new 64-bit A7 SoC with M7 co-processor, an updated camera, Touch ID fingerprint authorization, 1 GB of DDR3 RAM, up to 64 GB of storage, WiFi 802.11 a/b/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and LTE."

cmi86

Distinguished
It's just fun watching the media turn on apple as they crumble back down to the ground. A nice turn of pace from the "apple can do no wrong" standpoint of past years.

craciunator

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
I thought it said "Apple admits defeat with iphone 5s" and i got super excited and rushed to read Apple admitting defeat and just a defect, which might as well be admitting defeat.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
So I wonder if it's power consumption, like portions of the computer not sleeping as much as it shou, processes taking unnecessary computing power, or if it's a physical problem with the battery chemistry?

actsai

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Those specs do have some bearings, @nebun, higher specs requiring more electricity to support them, especially so with nicer screens, and 1560 mAH is toward the lower end of what Androids pack, so the battery performance is already piss-poor to start with.

And @tecej iProducts have batteries internal like Palm's not Android phones where it is interchangeable like Windows Mobile <6. So under warranty it is faster to replace, not providing service credits and end up having to go without phones for a day.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Apple haven't made a product that allows user replaceable battery in YEARS! Two reasons: encourage people to buy NEW products and easier to make the devices slimmer.

seinfeld

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
apple are done! with the new macbooks being held together by glue. issues like this. there is even a defect with the 5C, the gyro in all 5 varients! and an OS that looks like it was made in the 1990's im so glad I switched to android, and learnt . much more freedom, I can install what I want, watch what I want without apples bloatware. just let it happen Iphone users. it hurts at the start. but after that initial bit, it starts to feel good to use an android!

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Perhaps they're holding it wrong?

In all seriousness, defects can happen with any product that is mass produced on the scale that these things are. However, this does prove that all of the comments about Apple justifying exorbitant prices for "quality and craftsmanship" are nonsense. They are no better than anyone else in these areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.