Apple, Adobe Work Together to Bring GPU Flash

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
WTF is wrong with Flash anyways? its almost as old as java, as spread out as Java, and more accepted in browsers than java.
HTML5? i'd take my chances waiting for the next duke nukem game than seeing HTML5 compete like flash does for newgrounds

bochica

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Do realize that using GPU acceleration will reduce battery life due to the fact that the GPU uses more power than the CPU.http://www.anandtech.com/show/3682 [...] we-test-it[/citation]

Do realize that watching videos in general reduces battery life doesn't matter what is processing it. The point to GPU acceleration is that GPUs can process code in much less time with the same or a little more power consumption than using CPU based decoding.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Well I can say that now I have one less reason to hate Apple. Sure they're pretty much expecting you to give them your wallet with their arm outstretched and their palm open but at least they did something intelligent so the people who have their products (for what ever reason that may be) can now benefit with better online media performance.

Sure it uses a bit more battery but when you look at how long they typically last, about 10 minute reduction isn't all that much (and that is if you're playing/watching something flash based) in contrast with more stable (or better preforming) applications. I have no idea who gave the green thumb to this idea but I'll say this much.

There is at least ONE smart person in Apple by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS