Apple Alters Galaxy in Space for OS X Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I may stop reading Tom's if you keep up with stories like this. WHO CARES?!!?!? WHY IS THIS NEWS?!?! I get it on the "Cult of Mac" but here???

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
^
stop reading tomsnews. I did too. these guys are big mac fans.and i hate mac.

dont stop reading the tomshardware reviews/articles. those guys are awesome. they definitely know their stuff.

G

Have to agree with others here. Just wasted a few minutes of my time on this. Usually these articles are worth the read - this one definitely isn't.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]mihaimm[/nom]I may stop reading Tom's if you keep up with stories like this. WHO CARES?!!?!? WHY IS THIS NEWS?!?! I get it on the "Cult of Mac" but here???[/citation]
waaa waaa waaa, jesus people, stop crying all the time!

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
This isn't a pro-Apple article by any means; I think it just goes to show that astronomical accuracy isn't really at the top of Apple's list. You have to ask yourself why they actually bother; if it's not pretty enough, I'm sure there are simply masses of images of various cosmic entities to choose from which could easily fill the role of an Apple wallpaper.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]silverblue[/nom]This isn't a pro-Apple article by any means; I think it just goes to show that astronomical accuracy isn't really at the top of Apple's list. You have to ask yourself why they actually bother; if it's not pretty enough, I'm sure there are simply masses of images of various cosmic entities to choose from which could easily fill the role of an Apple wallpaper.[/citation]
So, if Apple wanted an image of a leaf as wallaper and they PhotoShopped the leaf so it was no longer accurate (saturated the colors more, moved some veins, etc.), Tom's should post a news article about the PhotoShopped leaf? Really?

G

Samsung steals EVERYTHING from Apple. Apple uses pictures of auroras and galaxies, so what does Samsung do? It names it's product line galaxy.

Apple needs to sue Samsung and put a stop to this blatant theft.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]So, if Apple wanted an image of a leaf as wallaper and they PhotoShopped the leaf so it was no longer accurate (saturated the colors more, moved some veins, etc.), Tom's should post a news article about the PhotoShopped leaf? Really?[/citation]
I didn't say anything about the validity of the article. I stuck to questioning the point of manipulating an image for aesthetic purposes when other images will suffice. Hell, throw in the Horsehead Nebula or something, that's certainly aesthetically pleasing.

There shouldn't really be an article about this at all, but considering we have one, it's not exactly praising Apple.

Hazbot

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
[citation][nom]sueSamsung0001[/nom]Samsung steals EVERYTHING from Apple. Apple uses pictures of auroras and galaxies, so what does Samsung do? It names it's product line galaxy.Apple needs to sue Samsung and put a stop to this blatant theft.[/citation]

Yes, and companies who sell apples need to sue Apple for naming their product Apple, this troll is so obvious it's actually hilarious.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]In other news, at least two Apple employees used the restroom yesterday.[/citation]
Are you sure? I thought they didn't have a butthole.

serendipiti

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
How you choose your wallpaper ? which wallpaper is best ? are there any differences in eye strain / headache depending on the wallpaper you use ? Putting an standard wallpaper that fits everybody (and thinking that the most of us is lazy enough not to change it). This justifies the fact that some editing is needed to get a good wallpaper (and just not to think the weigh in the product imagery the wallpaper has).
So I agree with people asking what is new here...

[citation][nom]Hazbot[/nom]Yes, and companies who sell apples need to sue Apple for naming their product Apple, this troll is so obvious it's actually hilarious.[/citation]

Imagine how world would be if all this patent paranoia started 5000 years ago ? I will get an orange(TM) with some milk(TM) ...

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Hazbot[/nom]Yes, and companies who sell apples need to sue Apple for naming their product Apple, this troll is so obvious it's actually hilarious.[/citation]
There might be a touch of irony here...

[citation][nom]sueSamsung0001[/nom]Samsung steals EVERYTHING from Apple. Apple uses pictures of auroras and galaxies, so what does Samsung do? It names it's product line galaxy.Apple needs to sue Samsung and put a stop to this blatant theft.[/citation]
You should be sued, too, since you used the term "galaxy" in your comment without permission.
Trollalalalalalala.......

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
I, for one, thought that the galaxy picture is cool. I think the apple version does make a better desktop background, so long as the added stars don't make the icons hard to see, though I'm sure they've tested that. I also liked the note from NASA about the galaxy. So much space stuff out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.